fifteen

Alexandra

Her parents never found out about her little side trip. She planned to keep it that way. She swore Peter to secrecy and then decided to move on. They would try and figure out why Immanuel and the other man had taken her to begin with and then decide if it was worth bringing it up to her parents. Peter told Tony about Immanuel having escaped and the former CEO was not happy about that.

Peter told Alexandra that Tony yelled at the chief of police for not informing him immediately that Immanuel had gotten away. Alexandra thought it was kind of funny, in a twisted kind of way.

But regardless, Alexandra was fine. The two men hadn't hurt her, other than hitting her over the head a few times. And what she thought was a concussion hadn't been one at all, thank goodness. So, she went on with business as usual. On Monday when they went back to school, things were fine. She had woken up with a small headache, but other than that, nothing was wrong.

Peter walked with her to school, as usual. Things were normal. When they got to school, they went to class. Alexandra's first class of the day was AP biology with MJ. She seemed to notice that something was off with Alexandra, because the entire class she spent sending her cryptic looks across the room.

Alexandra had a hard time focusing with her ever increasing headache. She ignored it. It was nothing. She just hadn't slept well the night before, that was all—and that's what she told MJ when she asked later as well.

She didn't think MJ believed her, though. But it was fine. Everything was fine.

So she went on with her day. Her headache seemed to get worse, but she ignored it. All day she ignored it. When the bell rang and school got out, they went home. Alexandra didn't mention anything to Peter about her headache. She figured after a good night's rest it would go away.

But the next day when she woke up, her headache wasn't gone. Somehow, it seemed worse. She felt warm, too. Alexandra groaned. She had come down with something. Or maybe it was a migraine? She knew May had them sometimes. 

Regardless, she couldn't afford to be sick that day. She had to work on her history project with Flash after school.

So she suffered through another day of school. Peter could tell something was wrong, so could Kai and MJ and even Ned. But Alexandra kept assuring them that she was okay. Just feeling a little under the weather.

Today Flash was coming over to her apartment after school so they could work on their project. Her parents were both out, her dad was at work, her papa was out grocery shopping. When Flash showed up at her front door, Alexandra was slightly disappointed. But at least he wasn't being a dick.

"Afternoon, partner," He said to her with a small grin. Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"Just come inside." She sighed and so he came in and sat on their couch, making himself comfortable. As much as she wanted to be rude to him right now—she didn't have it in her to do so—instead she offered him a glass of water and they got started on the project.

Flash kept going on and on about the city of gold, even though that wasn't remotely related to the time period they were studying currently. They were actually supposed to do their project on something related to anytime from 1915 to 1950. Definitely not lost city of gold time.

Plus the lost city of gold wasn't real.

So as Flash rambled on about the alleged lost city of gold, Alexandra's headache got worse and worse. She pinched the bridge of her nose in an attempt to alleviate some of the pain, but it didn't work.

"Hey, are you okay?" Flash asked, noticing her discomfort.

Alexandra nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I just have a small headache—I think I just need water." She got to her feet and kind of stumbled across the room over to the kitchen. She grabbed a glass from the cabinet above and blinked rapidly as she filled it with water, trying to clear her vision. She sucked the water down, but her legs began to tremble.