Rhodey

Steve's PoV:

Everyone else had left the living room apart from me and Tony. I was just watching him as he built the tower. He was soon finished and wandered over to me.

"I'm finished. Can we watch a movie?" He asked and I nodded with a smile.

"Sure buddy. What do you want to watch?" I asked as I turned on the tv and went on the downloaded movies we had.

"Lion King!" He yelled with a giggle.

I clicked on the film and picked up Tony, putting him on the couch. He smiled as the movie started to play.

"I'll make you a drink. What would you like Tony?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Do we have juice boxes?" He asked and I nodded.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen, leaving the child on the couch. I opened the fridge and pulled out an orange flavoured one before walking back to Tony. He smiled when he saw it.

"Orange is my favourite!" Tony yelled and I smile.

"Here." I say and hand it to him.

He smiled more and opened it, putting the straw through the hole and began drinking it.

That's when someone different entered the tower.

"Anthony Edward Stark!! Why haven't you answered my calls?!" The man yelled, causing Tony to cling to me.

When the man came into view, he was easy to recognise.

It was Rhodey.

"Hey Captain. Have you seen a certain engineer anywhere?" He asked and I nodded.

He then noticed Tony, which got him all confused.

"Why is there a child in the tower?" He asked and I sighed a bit.

"It's that certain engineer your looking for." I say and his eyes widen.

"Why have I not been told anything?! I'm his best friend!" He yelled, causing Tony to whimper.

"Stop yelling Rhodey. Your scaring him." I say as I hold Tony closer.

"Sorry." He says and crouches down to  Tony's height.

"Hey buddy. Sorry for scaring you. My name's Rhodey." He says and Tony stares at him.

"Nice to meet you Rhodey!" Tony says with a giggle.

Rhodey just smiled. He knew in this state Tony wouldn't remember him. They met at MIT. That was only a few years later anyway. He looked at me.

"How did this happen?" Rhodey asked and I shrugged.

"We woke up one morning and he was like this. We've got Bruce and Loki working on a cure in the lab." I say and he nods.

"Hey, Tony. Can we play together for a bit? I have some toys for you." Rhodey says and Tony nods with a smile.

He held his arms out for Rhodey to pick him up, which he did. He walked away, carrying Tony with him who waved at me and I waved back.

Rhodey's PoV:

It's a good thing Tony tells me stuff that would've been dragged to the grave otherwise this situation would be harder to handle. I headed to Tony's room and opened the door. I place Tony on the floor and he whines a bit.

"Don't worry. I have a surprise for you." I say with a smile.

"Yay! What is it?!" Tony asked.

"Close your eyes and you'll find out." I say and he quickly closed his eyes tightly.

I go over to Tony's wardrobe and open the door, finding an old box. I pull it out and open it. It's all the stuff from Tony's childhood. It's all in good shape too. I pull out an old onesie and two teddies that he had kept with him. The onesie was a Captain America themed one and so was one of the teddies. The other teddy was a Bucky bear. If I remember correctly, one of the first ones made.

"You can open them now." I say as Tony opens his eyes.

He stared at the stuff for a moment before getting excited and running over to me.

"Can I wear the this now?!" He asked and I nod with a chuckle.

"Of course you can Tony." I say and he smiles.

I have to admit, he must be easier to handle like this. I help him into the onesie and then hand him over the two teddies. He smiled and hugs them close.

"Thank you Rhodey!" He yelled and managed to hug me as well.

I smile and hug him back.