Chapter 3: Building a Bond and Finding her Roots

A few weeks have past. Jessie and Abigail are in the woman's gym working on fighting techniques. Abigail has since chucked the glasses and she now wears just a sports bra with the yoga pants and sneakers. You can see that Abigail has started to form six pack abs as her workouts have become more intense. Abigail blocks a swing that Jessie throws and swing kicks towards Jessie's stomach making sure not to connect with her. Jessie then does a low swing kick to try and make Abigail stumble, but Abigail jumps and does a fake strike blow to Jessie's back. Jessie quickly moves out of the way, jumps up and swings at Abigail, but with each swing, Abigail flawlessly blocks them.

They start moving around the gym, blocking each other's swings. You can see the intensity in each other's eyes as they focus on the lesson, as if they've done this for a lifetime. Jessie then swings at Abigail, who blocks the swing by twisting Jessie's arm around, grabbing the back of her neck and pinning her against the wall. "How's that!" Abigail says smiling.

"Excellent!" Jessie says proudly. Abigail releases Jessie and they grab a towel and wipes the sweat off their faces.

"So, do you think I can handle those creeps now Jessie?" Abigail says. Jessie smiles at her, "You're getting there!" Jessie says. "You have done a great job learning everything I've been teaching you."

"Jessie, can I ask you something?" Abigail says, "Where did you learn to fight like this?"

Jessie gets up, throws the towel around her neck and looks at Abigail seriously. "It's a stress reliever of sorts." Jessie says, "It calms me."

Abigail looks at her not convinced, "Fighting calms you?" Abigail says seriously.

Jessie looks away, takes a deep breath and looks back at Abigail. "I have anger issues." Jessie say.

Abigail looks at her shocked. "I can't tell." Abigail says.

Jessie starts to pace back and forth, then looks at Abigail, seeing a trusting look in her eyes. She looks down at the ground then back up at Abigail "When I was five years old, my older sisters and I witnessed our mother being murdered" Jessie says seriously.

Abigail gets a sad and shocked look on her face and covers her mouth in shock. "Oh, oh my god Jessie! I am so sorry." Abigail says sadly, "I didn't realize, I didn't mean to push you like that."

Jessie shakes her head, "No, it's ok." Jessie says as she looks to the ground. Abigail looks on as Jessie tells her what happened, "Our dad was on a business trip for his dad's tech company and was due home that day. My mom, my sisters and I just came home from a trip to the museum. We were in our family room playing, when my mom heard something. She walked to the servalence camera that my dad had just installed and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. We started playing again when we herd a loud crash coming from upstairs. My mom told us to hide in the closet and she ran out of the room. A few minutes later she walked into the room with someone pointing a gun to her head."

"Did you see who it was?" Abigail says.

Jessie shakes her head no. "It was all a blur." Jessie says. "My sisters and I peeked through the closet door. The person was in all black. We couldn't see the face, but we knew it was a woman. Her voice was very evil and scratchy. I remember that because the voice scared me and I buried my head in my sister Beth's shirt." Jessie starts pacing again. "We started to peek through the door again and my mom and this woman was yelling about something. The woman cocked the gun and pointed it to my mom's head, but my mom was able to knock the gun out of her hand and a fight broke out." Jessie looks at Abigail with a tear running down her face, "The next thing I remember is my dad had my sisters and I upstairs and police were swarming the place."