Chapter-1: CEO

The atmosphere was thick with tension and everyone in the conference room was sweating except HER. The old pal's breath stuck in his throat when she narrowed her eyes at him, whilst leaning back in her chair. The old man whipped his forehead roughly with the handkerchief. To not make the situation more tense, the young man quickly gave the old manager a warning glance as he said, "Well, Mr. Addison, I think it would be great if you stop this already and sign the contract. Our CEO is not a patient person as you can see."

The secretary said forcefully as he gave Mr. Addison a pleading look to get this over with in peace. The conflicted man shuddered when he observed the cold glare of CEO that was directed towards him and then looked at his companion who gave him a skeptical nod. This confirmation from his companion gave him enough strength to found his voice and he grumbled an 'okay'. Abelson quickly rushed from behind his CEO to place the contract paper in front of that old man, who was now getting on the nerves of his bad-tempered CEO.

Mr. Addison looked one last time towards his companion as he picked up the pen with shaking hands and when his companion again nodded at him, he looked down at the paper with teary eyes and signed the paper, his heart exploding with remorse, anger and hatred, some directed towards his son who had brought him at this point and some directed toward the cruelest woman walking on earth.

As soon as the tip of the pen left the paper, it was snatched by the eager secretary, who wanted to finish this as soon as possible. Their CEO aka Boss was a scary lady with killer looks, but scary. She won't tolerate any mistakes, she won't let anyone off the hook, and she would make anyone's life miserable, if they would dare to mess with her business or family, just like Mr. Addison. The poor guy's son was a dick, who wasn't capable enough to run the business, on which his father had spent his whole life to stablish and get debuted under KNIGHT'S COOPERATION, country's one of the richest and stablished businesses. Now to pay the debuted of his son off, he had come to negotiate, but little did he know that our CEO is as ruthless as a beast in fight and would take over his company?

Poor soul! The secretary thought, pitting the old man who was dragged on road by his own son, as he exited the conference room behind his Boss, Valencia Knight. She was completely opposite of what a man would think of a woman. No doubt, she was breath-taking, beautiful, stunning, magnificent and elegant, features of an ideal woman, a goddess to be accurate. But she was ruthless, unforgiving, strict in her rules and most important, the most powerful CEO in the New York. No one dared, and means NO ONE dared to ever mess with her.

Valencia stomped into her office, while Abelson walked behind her in the office.

"Bring me all information about his company and aid him outside. Make sure that he reaches his place safely." She ordered in her tough, professional tone as he nodded and went outside. When Abelson left, Valencia leaned back in her chair, resting her head on the back of the chair. She was exhausted because of working continuously from the past 10 hours. Although it was 10 in the morning; she had been working all night. Being an owner of five restaurants, three malls and various investments in different fields of businesses wasn't easy to handle, especially when you were a woman and every predator's eye was on you, waiting for you to make a slight mistake.

She rubbed her temples between the pad of her thumb and index finger, chasing the pain away for a moment when the ringtone of her mobile snapped her back in the present. She reached the phone across the table with an exhausted sigh, but soon her exhausted façade was faded away when she saw the caller's ID and a beautiful smile was plastered on her face. She quickly answered the call as she brought the phone up to her ear, feeling blessed when the lovely voice greeted her.

"Hello Valencia dear! How are you? Did you eat breakfast? Have you even slept? I'm missing you!" She chuckled on the sudden outburst of the lovely lady on the other side of the receiver.