「 s i x t e e n 」

✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧

ROSE awakes from her deep sleep, slowly opening her eyes and sitting up in her bed. memories of last night flood her mind, the attack on her home and the attack on her own mother. she looks over at the alarm clock on her bedside table which read '9:47'. "shit" she mutters, jumping out of bed and grabbing her black coat from the chair tucked into her desk, thankfully she had been too emotionally drained to get changed out of her clothes the night before. she shrugs on the coat, making her way to the door but stopping once she notices a note attached to it with a piece of sticky tape. she takes the note off the door and carefully reads the familiar handwriting.

'didn't want to wake you up, please don't get mad and do that thing where you leave dead petals everywhere you go, i'm going to interrogate mr bigg at the street we were last night. - five' rose smiles at the note placing it on her desk and opening her bedroom door. quickly jogging down the stairs, she notices her mother but turns away from her lifeless face, turning towards the front door and running out the gates. 

she reaches the corner where the queen's corner store where she had purchased her and five's coffee the day before and where klaus had done his shoplifting. she stops for a second catching her breath, looking over towards the plumbing van where she sat for hours on end yesterday which was moving vigorously.

she cautiously makes her way over to the van, looking around to see if anyone was watching her. as she reaches the door which was slid open she sees her two brothers, diego and luther, scrambling through five and her's stuff.

"what do you think you're doing?" rose stands by the door, her arms crossed with a disapproving look on her face. they both turn around to face her quickly, luther hitting his head with a thud and an "ow". diego's face turning sullen at her's, "we're looking for five, we need answers to what happened last night" luther says, swivelling in his seat to face her. "do you know where he is?" diego asks quietly, raising his eyebrows. "well, let's see. i have been without him for several years and i'm not at all scared that he will accidentally get himself killed or stuck in the future again. of course, i know where he is." rose replies, leaning against the door. "well, where is he?" luther asks, moving closer to her to listen closely "he's at five two three, grand avenue" diego and luther share a look, nodding their heads, satisfied with her answer.

"aren't you coming?" luther mumbles, squeezing himself out of the van as diego swiftly jumps out. "no, i've got my own shit to handle at the moment." she replies, staring harshly at diego. diego looks away, beginning to walk away from rose to the direction she had told them to go. "goodbye rose" luther smiles, receiving one in return, before running after diego. "idiots" she mumbles to herself before watching them turn the corner as the smell of smoke suffocates her nostrils. 

rose scrunches her nose, looking around for the fire, to be left with smoke and large flames dancing out of the several windows of meritech. "no. shit, shit, shit, shit" she mumbles to herself sprinting to the outside entrance of the building, feeling the heat of the flames warm her face. rose hears quick footsteps coming towards her but is quick to dismiss them, too enchanted by the flames and the shock that is the end of the world as she knows it. 

a loud explosion is followed by the comfort of a familiar body shielding her from the hot flames that blew out suddenly from the glass doors. rose is pushed back to the hard concrete ground along with the boy that was guarding her. she sits up, staring at the ruins of meritech before turning to five who was next to her doing the same. "are you ok?" she asks, looking over his body for large wounds.

"yeah, but i wouldn't mind a large glass half full of optimism right now" he mumbles as rose stands up, letting her hand out for him to take to help him get up. "i believe that is called a little friend of mine called whiskey" she replies as five takes her hand, standing up, staring at the building. "we've got a lot of work to do" he mutters, taking her hand and walking away from the building. "goodbye mr bigg, have a nice couple of days" she says, not even giving her classic smile, as they walk past him, who was staring at the building dumbfoundedly.