Chapter 3: New Alpha

(Jared's P.O.V)

Beep beep beep

I reached over to my alarm clock and turned the beeping off. I lazily got out of bed and put on some jeans and a flannel. Today was the day I was to become alpha of the Bloody Moon pack and I was looking forward to finally becoming the leader. I headed downstairs and greeted my mother and father.

"Well son. Today's the day I hand the pack over to you. How do you feel?" my father asked, peering over his newspaper.

"I feel fine," I replied while I ate my breakfast.

After breakfast was over the ceremony that would make me alpha started. It took a bit of time and I was glad when it was over.

"You never know," my mom said to me cheerfully. "Today might be the day you meet your mate!"

I sighed inwardly and quickly left the house saying bye to my parents. I hopped into my white BMW and speed off to school. I hated when my mom went on about mates. I didn't need one. They would only slow me down. I cleared my mind of all thoughts and continued to speed down the road.

As I was stuck in early morning traffic a wonderful smell of coconut and vanilla hit me like a tonne of bricks. "Mate" my wolf howled. I looked around trying to find the source of the lovely smell. My sights landed on a girl walking up ahead of me. I couldn't see her face because she was turned away from me. "MATE" he howled even louder. I had found my mate.

I reached the school and as soon as I got out of my car I was swarmed by girls. I do admit I was quite the player and loved hooking up with girls. Now that I was the alpha I seemed to get even more attention, if that was possible. But something was off. I wasn't as interested in the girls around me as much as I used to be. My wolf seemed to be disgusted by them in all their slutty glory.

We couldn't stop thinking of our mate and it was starting to get on my nerves. I didn't need a mate. They would only get in my way. "Stop thinking like that. We do need her. She's our mate" Nate growled. I just ignored him and tried to bury any thoughts of that girl.

"Hey Jared! Come on! We're going to be late!" shouted my best friend Daemon from the other side of the pool of girls. Mason was with him and was looking at me enviously. I made my way through the masses and met up with my friends. I turned toward the expectant girls and promised to see them later, giving them my signature wink. They squealed and giggled with each other. I was like a god around here.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Thanks for reading Chapter 3! :D

Vote?

Comment?

Add?

Say "hi"?

~MidnightWolf~