Chapter 5

Paige and I had a great time at lunch! We talked about dance and why she moved here. She even gave me her number! "Let's go! Lunch is over!" The lunch aid yelled. Paige and I scurried out of the lunch room and into the hallway. "I have to get to class but I will text you after school!" Paige said. "Ok! I will!" I replied.

I was getting my stuff out of my locker and I felt someone pull my hair from behind me. I turned around and there was Madison, looking furious. "I'm so sorry! You see I wa-" "I had to eat alone and didn't even have time to get something to eat!" Madison said. "Well I met this gir-" I was trying to say. "Excuses excuses" She said. "Just let me talk!" I pleaded. "Ok what." She said again. "I met Paige Hyland. She fell down at lunch and I helped her up and she asked me to sit with her!" I said nervously. "Paige Hyland? The Paige Hyland?" She asked. "Yep!" Madison looked amazed. "Where is she now! I wanna see her!" She begged. "She's in math right now, but we can all hang out after school maybe! I will ask her!" I felt so cool saying that. "Ok! I can't wait to see her! What should I wear? Is my makeup ok? Do I look fi-" "You look fine!" I said, even though her mascara was smearing. "Ok I will text you later!" She said. Then I walked to my next class.