The first night

Its midnight mom still isn't home yet its been a couple of months since she has started going out again, she practically heads out every Friday now and always comes home late. I look out of my second-floor bedroom window I see a car in the driveway with 2 people in it. They both get out, one is my mother and the other is a girl I have never seen before. The girl is tall had light brown skin and puffy black shoulder-length hair. She walks over to my mom's side of the car She holds my mom's hand and they walk to the door, once they get to the porch they face each other. Moms smile as the girl pulls her in for a kiss. She looks like she wanted it to be a quick short kiss, but mom pulls her closer swinging her arms around the girl's neck. the girl had to bend down for mom to do this.

 I swiftly pull away from the window look back to my phone. I soon after her the front door slam open, and two pairs of feet stumble in. I start scrolling through my phone again but then they're the same pairs of feet running up the stairs on the other side of the house to climb to my mom's room. Soon after I fall asleep. 

I wake up the next morning and get ready and head downstairs. looking around I find no one, which is very odd considering my mom insists on making me breakfast every day. I figure she is taking time to sleep in. So I find myself some instant oatmeal and some variety of fruits and sit down in our quite large kitchen running my figures along the lines in the marble countertops.