xxxii.

"you think he's going to tell her?" brandon questioned the boy beside him. edwin shrugged his shoulders, shaking his head at the question. edwin didn't want to think of the news zion had broke to them anymore than he had too.

brandon bit the side of his cheek. he watched the way ezra's face light up with admiration as zion whispered something in her ear. he could see the pure love she held in her eyes for the dread head. brandon didn't want to be anywhere near the two when zion told her the truth.

"you look so beautiful." zion mumbled, pressing a kiss against her cheek. "what made you change your mind?"

ezra shrugged her shoulders, deciding it'd be best to leave out the fact that nahmir had sent her any money. she thought it was best, for it'd cause problems she didn't feel needed to be brought upon them. "decided i didn't want to spend another day without you by my side. you only live once, am i right?"

"fucking cliche." zion grinned, his dimples showing. ezra rolled her eyes at his words. she leaned her head against his chest. the girl played with the multiple bracelets that rested on his wrist. zion moved his hand to begin playing with her hair. he found comfort in knowing she was in his arms again. "i love you."

ezra grinned to herself, peeking up at the boy. "i love you more, caleb kuwonu."

"so," brandon began as he plopped down on zions bed. he knew ezra was outside, talking old music with edwin. "how long you going to drag this out?"

zion furrowed his eyebrows, sending brandon an annoyed look. "why do you care, b?"

"never was one to sit back and watch. i might not know ezra, i might see you as a brother, but i can't sit back and watch you tear her heart out." brandon shook his head in disappointment. "i know you think she's going to hate you for it, but how much do you think she's going to despise you when she finds out in a couple months by someone else that you're a new father?"

"she's going to run for the hills, b." zion said sadly, refusing to meet brandon's eyes. "that girl was a mistake i'm never going to be able to take back. not now that there's a child in the picture. i'm not ready to be a father. i'm not ready to let her go."

"be honest with her." brandon put his hand on zions shoulder, trying to give the boy some sort of comfort. "she seems understanding, z. if she loves you as much as i know you love her, she'll learn to forgive you."

zion automatically shook his head. "she's never going to forgive me for this. this is beyond forgivable. i cant even imagine myself in her shoes. if the situation was switched, i'd never be able to look past that. how can i expect her too?"

"ezra's going to find out one way or the other. i cant tell you what to do, you have to make your own choices, but i say be honest. at least, at the end of the day, she'll never be able to say you kept it from her the entire time. at least she'll know you were honest." brandon squeezed zions shoulder in a reassuring sense. "i'm with you. whatever you choose to do. i'm here, z."

authors note,
oh my god this fucking SUCKS and it's so short i haven't updated anything or wrote anything really for a long ass time. i just thought you guys deserved an update since i hit 1k followers?? wtf? i'm still shaking in my boots i fucking love u guys i'm sorry i've been so inactive. so much has happened and i'm in the middle of finding myself i guess? finding my style, creative side of myself, finding what makes me happy, what doesn't, blah blah. i kind of put all this to the side. i'm not making any promises, but i'm going to try and come back. start writing stories that speak to me and i find genuine happiness and inspiration in writing. i've had the impulse to write something, anything, but don't know exactly WHAT to write. does that make any sense? no, but i'm grateful and i sincerely apologize for the fucking 19837 time!! xoxo