Chapter 1

That Night

-Narrator POV-

It was a warm evening, the last evening in fact of 6th year.  Headmaster Dumbledore was holding a ball type party for the sixth and seventh years.   It was similar to the Yule Ball, but there was an outside area due to the warm weather.  Anahita was in the courtyard, not wanting to take part in the social interaction. Hodge walks into the courtyard, knowing her shy tendencies.  Anahita was looking at some flowers. Hodge saw Anahita and decided to approach her. “Hey there, Beautiful” He said flirtingly. She turned around, looking ready to hit him, but then ceased, upon seeing it was Hodge.  She sighed and said “Sorry, thought you were someone else.” “Don’t worry, it’s alright” Hodge replied with a wink. She rolled her eyes, accustomed to his flirty personality. “Soo water you doing out here, Hodge?”  She said jokingly. “Looking for you~”  He said, keeping up his flirty game. “And why is that?”  She asked, walking over to a bench. She sat down and Hodge followed sitting next to her.  “Reasons. Plus the party is boring, I can’t seem to find Alec or Isabelle, and Jace is off in the training area.  I also didn’t want my Hita to be lonely” He replied flirtily. She rolled her eyes yet again in amusement.. They heard giggling and shushing.  Anahita got up from her spot beside Hodge to inspect the noise. “I don’t have any idea who this could pawsibly be!”  she said sarcastically.  She walked over to a bush, and pushed it slightly.  “Ginny Weasley! Harry you too? I knew it.” She said, a slight tone of annoyance in her voice.  “Ginny I told you to keep quiet!” said Harry. “I’m sorry okay it was funny.” replied Ginny. “I ship them so much” Ginny whispered to Harry.  “Say something lovers?” Anahita said poking Ginny. Ginny huffed, and Harry turned a bit red in the face. Anahita laughed. “That’s what I thought.”  Suddenly Izzy ran over. “YOU’RE WEARING THE DRESS ANA!” She said triumphantly. “Izzy you didn’t give me a choice of whether or not to.” Anahita replied.  “YUP!” Izzy shouted, too filled with the feeling of victory over Anahita’s social awkwardness to care that Anahita was 100% right. “You look like a redheaded cinderella to be honest.”  Izzy said, looking at her elegant blue gown and crystal hair clips of the same color. Suddenly a girl was seemingly thrown out the door of the school into the courtyard. A student in their 6th year had thrown her out of the door.  “And stay out you don’t belong here” the student spat at the girl on the ground. Anahita ran over. “Hey! You don’t have the right to say that to people, Jax!” “Yeah I do.” Jax said carelessly while walking off. Jax was Anahita’s ex boyfriend.  He had cheated on her with one of the better looking Bravery girls. The girl on the ground immediately got up and swiped the dust off of her. “S-sorry to disrupt you I’ll just get out of your way” said the girl, also known as Melisa. “No its fine.  Are you okay?” Anahita said, a look of concern on her face. “I’m fine, really I shouldn’t hang around.” replied Melisa. “Um alright. Can I at least get your name?” Anahita asked. “Melisa just Melisa”she said stuttering a bit. “I’m Anahita, but almost everyone calls me Ana or Hita.  It’s nice to meet you Melisa.” She said. “ Nice to meet you too. I have something I need to do, goodbye” said Melisa hastily. As Melisa headed off she ran into Jace, and she yelped on impact. “Woah there you okay Melisa?” said Jace as he steadied the two of them. “Fine Jace” said Melisa.  She then ran off in the direction of the Intelligence dormitories. “ You guys know Melisa?” asked Jace. “She’s in my elite class.” Jace said.

A Flashback

~Anahita’s POV~

Panic attack.  I knew it was going to happen before it did.  I had caught Jax red-handed, even though I thought he’d been cheating for a while, I desperately wanted to be wrong.  I was panicking, hiding in a cleverly hidden in it of itself closet in the Determination dormitory. My mind scattered, hands shaking, and tears flowing almost endlessly across my face.  I thought it’d never end. Hodge found me there, shaking and crying. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and tried to comfort me. He asked me what happened and I said quietly, “Jax h-he… he cheated on me…”  Hodge instantly replied with “ I won't ever let him touch you. That jerk. It's okay Ana I'll always be here for you.” I hugged him, “T-thank you” and buried my face in his shoulder. He continued to hold me silently, occasionally whispering something comforting.  A while later, we sat down and watched a movie like we used to when we were kids. I ended up falling asleep, and when I woke up in my room I assumed he had brought me here.