º32º

Chapter 32

      Lyon's haste steps constantly kept Juvia on edge. After Gray had fainted and of course her freedom was at hand, yet an unknown urgency to help him over took her. After receiving the help of Lyon, Gray had been taken to Porlyusica who had started assessing him immediately. As his personal maid Juvia was instructed to never leave his side. Even so, she felt that she didn't want to, she saw it as payment for the time she had been in the same situation. Lyon had not left his spot but this had been for 3 days straight. Porlyusica was completely baffled by the situation, using her magic she knew Gray was fine. There was no visible wound, Gray was immune to poison and with little knowledge of how he came to be like this there was simply nothing she could do. 

Then it suddenly dawned on her.

In the beginning Juvia had been accused of doing something to him. But as time went on and she hadn't gone missing many thought otherwise but the situation did raise some sceptical eyes.

It was around noon and Porlyusica had finished her routine check up on the king. As she exited the room Lyon begins throwing questions at her. She glances over his shoulder and notices Juvia listening so she calls him into the room.

As he closes the door she begins

"His past life connected with him" is all she says

Lyon's jaw drops "You mean-"

"Yes, sadly, the time is approaching" She says worriedly

Lyon was at a loss for words, his heart started racing "So will he wake up"

"Oh he will" she declares "However, there is a slight chance it may not be him and if it isn't him, there is no telling what could happen to the cycle"

"Knowing you, there is a way to prevent any mistakes isn't there" He says hopefully

She stands in thought for a few seconds, "There is only one thing I can genuinely think of. But, as we are short of time and it is quite a journey you would have to take Juvia with you "

Lyon shook his head "She would slow me down"

"You need her more than ever for this one, in order to get back in time" she says

Lyon sighs "Where are you sending us to?"

"Galuna Island"

"We can't take him back there."

"It's the only way"

"There must be another way!" Lyon shouts

Porlyusica straightens her back as Lyon falls apologetic

"We promised we'd never go back there; I swore I wouldn't"

She rests a hand on his shoulder "I know. But it must be done. There is a hot spring inside that temple. You know what to do."

He nods "But why is the princess needed"

Porlyusica chuckles, her face cringing a little "Well..."

¤¤¤¤

Lyon's cheeks are flushed when he exits the room, he is greeted by Juvia's questioning gaze.

"Go pack a few things we are going on a trip" he says

Juvia raises an eyebrow "Your Highness?"

Her soft worried expression causes him to blush more "Now Juvia!"

Straightening her posture Juvia bows and retreats to her small room to collect her things. As per usual, Juvia's recurring presence in the slave quarters drew many displeasing attentions. Hate flowed through many of the girl's veins while some were simply filled with pity. Murmurs grew as she approached the room she once shared with her best friend. Juvia grips the door handle tightly before twisting the handle and entering. It was just how they left it.

She goes towards the miniature closet resting on the left side of the room and begins packing.

The sun had already set by the time Lyon and Juvia arrived at the port town of Hargeon. Gajeel had been waiting for them; Knowledge of Gray's condition was not to be spread as this would push the entire nation into disarray. Hence the reason he was basically snuck out of the palace.

As a precautionary measure, Gajeel would stand in Gray's place in terms of security as Lyon too would be going on this Journey.

"Safe journey your highness" Gajeel says bowing to Lyon

"We'll be back in about three days"

As the sun completely disappeared from the sky a small wagon makes a slow stop beside the ship. Gray's unconscious body is taken out of the wagon and carried on to the ship. Juvia had been standing silently by Lyon's side with her hand clasped tightly together. Her heart and mind in turmoil. Finally! She screamed, the sea. The cold breeze which brushed against her cheeks were a blessing, the moon's immaculate aura made her feel as though all her worldly sins were forgiven.

"Juvia" Lyon calls stretching out a hand, with a small smile Juvia slips her hand into his and follows him on the ship.

As the anchor rose and the men fled to their stations, on wards they went to Galuna Island.

Juvia finds herself standing on the poupe deck, staring back at the land's now thin outline. The sound of someone clearing their throat brings her out of her thoughts. She finds herself smiling as Lyon comes by her side.

"Isn't it beautiful?" he starts

Juvia pulls her eyes away from his soft features and turn to face the sea again. "It is"

"Do you miss the water?" he asks her after a few minutes of silence

Juvia seems to whimper at the thought of the sea "I do. Very much so"

"Do you wish to return?" Juvia stays quiet after this, was it a trick question, would she be imprisoned for expressing the love for her home?

"I can send you back..."

Juvia steps back and stares at Lyon with wide eyes, what does he mean he can send her back?!

"Your highness, please do not joke like that" she chuckles sadly

Lyon turns and stares into her eyes "Juvia, if you do this for me, if you save my brother. I promise... No I swear, I'll send you back to the sea"

Juvia found it hard to speak. It was if her heart was lodged in her throat. Tears swelled in her eyes, she bites her lips trying to keep them in

Lyon became unsure for a second, Had the curses grasps finally caved in on her ?

Tears fall as Juvia smiles widely "I would do anything"