Chapter 21: A Murderer

Lux

I blinked my eyes open and groaned in pain. I must of been sitting here for a while. Wait. Where am I?

I looked around through blurry eyes and saw four concrete walls, one metal door, a light above, and a chair that I'm currently tied to. I tried to jerk my arms apart but they wouldn't budge.

I'm trapped.

I jerked again at the ropes and started to panic. My shaky fingers tried to find a knot I could try to find and untie, but came up empty. Oh God. The walls are starting to close in. I'm back in the basement. With Him.

Fear of attracting Him but hoping to signal someone who could help me, I hesitantly yelled out, "He- Hello?!" I paused and listened, but heard nothing except my panicked breaths. "Hello! Someone please help me," I cried out. Tears were tracking down my cheeks and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath.

I was about to call out one more time, but a lock slid and the door creaked open.

°°°

Axel

I arrived home in record time and I don't think I even shut my car off as I ran into the house. "Mom," I yelled out.

I heard a distant, "In here," and followed it to the computer lab.

"What are you doing," I asked as I entered the room.

My mom was concentrated on the screen before her as she mumbled, "I called your sister to see what other info they had and I got the license plate. Frankie may be good, but your auntie Hanna... She's very talented with computers. We have their location and I'm hoping that it's wrong. They could of possibly just dropped off the van and transferred her with another car." She looked up to my dad and said, "For Benjamin's sake, let's hope they did that."

I watched him sigh and rub a hand against his jaw. "He wouldn't do it. But the club is still under their name," he replied.

"What are you guys talking about," I said, frustrated. "Who's Benjamin and what club?!"

My father sighed and looked over at me. "He's a friend of ours. He save your mother's life, but is also the brother of who tried to kill her."

"I knew they were back," my mom growled. My eyes flicked to her and then back to my dad.

He said and continued, "His family was the Silver Bullets. His younger brother was the don. He passed the title, not wanting to do anything with it, but he had to contribute, so he took care of the strip club. The very same one where the van is located."

I blinked and then nodded. "Okay, let's go now! It's a lead to find Lux."

"Axel," my parents call out to me as I walked back towards the front door, but I didn't hear them. My mind was occupied with finding Lux and bringing her back home to me.

°°°

I walked through the front door of the club and was bombarded with flashing lights, loud music, the scent of liquor mixed with perfume, and barely dressed women parading around. I had a few eye me, but I was looking for one person.

When I arrived, I saw the van and instantly coiled, ready to fight. I marched myself up to the bar and signaled one of the bartenders. This blonde sashayed towards me and purred, "What can I get you, handsome?"

"Where's Benjamin," I demanded.

Her eyes instantly became guarded and she asked tersely, "Who's asking?"