Chapter Five

Octavio laid on his bed, stalking both Elliot and Ajay's social media's. None have them been posting for a month. He was sick of this, so, he put on his sweatpants, a loose tank top, and heads out the door.

"I'm tired of this. Why isn't Elliott responding? He has absolutely no reason to ignore me!" He yelled. By passers on the street stared at the stressed man oddly. He walks into a bright, sun-filled neighborhood, with kids playing on the streets, and dogs running after balls.

He approaches a slightly shady building, a apartment complex, and turns the knob. While he walks up the stairs, he stops and thinks:

"Will he welcome me in?"

"Is he going to be more angry?"

"Does he want an apology?"

He walks up to the apartment 69. It was an inside joke between Elliott and Octavio. Good memories they had.

"Elliott?" He whispered, knocking on the door ever so daintily and scared, like not trying to disturb a bear during hibernation.

Minutes passed. He sat along against the wall, every minute or so, knocking the door, so gently, so nervous, he couldn't hear himself knocking. As he knocks, and knocks, hours disappear until it's 11:00 P.M.

A man walking nearby with a bartender apron approaches Octavio. He looks down at him, not able to tell who he was due to his long hair falling on top of his despaired face.

"Hello, sir can I help you?" He asked. Once they saw face-to-face, they both stammered backwards.

"OCTAVIO?!"

"ELLIOTT?!" Octavio lunges towards Elliott, who falls onto the ground, and Elliott looks away, turning a bright cherry, red. Elliott avoided eye contact.

"Te extrañe Elliott!" He started to cry slightly, and Elliott awkwardly tried sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

"Why won't you talk to me, Elle?" Octavio pouted. Elliott stood up and lazily opened his front door, and Octavio waited at his door. He kept the door slightly opened, so Octavio can enter.

"El, I'm, I'm sorry... for whatever I did..." Octavio looks down at his metal legs, and Elliott turned towards him, with hatred and disgust.

"You can't be sorry that you love someone, alright Octavio? Or are you just trying to mess with my feelings?!" Elliott screamed before he quickly covered his mouth.

"Wha...what?" Octavio walked a little closer to Elliott, in which, out of anger, Elliott took off his bartender apron and threw it into Octavio's face as he stormed off into his room, locking the door.

"No... no, what did I do?" He cried. He grabs his hair. He tries opening the door, and he starts banging against it.

"ELLIOTT! I DIDN'T COME FOR YOU TO HIDE AWAY FROM ME! ELLE, PLEASE!" He cries and falls against the door, and on the other side, was Elliott against the wall.

"No... he can't fake love. No one can't. I can't even try going a day without faking that... that... that I love him..." Elliott whispered. He changes, and he peeks through the bottom part of the door, Octavio was still there.

"Elliott... say something..." Octavio would say every few minutes, checking on Elliott. Elliott stayed on his bed, looking at the text messages Octavio sent.

'I miss you!'

'Que tal amigo?'

'Donde estas?!'

'Estoy preocupado, Elliott? Di algo por favor'

'Elliott! Please! Elle... I miss you, I'm concerned, please just send a text, anything...'

'El! Are you okay? Por favor, Elliott...'

Elliott's eyes tear up, getting hurt for ignoring Octavio; he was his best friend. He was ignoring him, what type of friend would do that? No. What type of PERSON would do that?

"ELLIOTT! Elliott..." Octavio's voice fails to be loud, and you could hear him, sliding off the wall.

"Oc...Octav...io?" Elliott mummers, and he looks at the time. 2 A.M. Elliott opens the door slightly, and there laid the normally hyper Octavio. Elliott scooped Octavio up, and he laid his limp, tired body onto his bed. Elliott gets soft as he saw Octavio. Ajay must be a lucky girl, isn't she?

"Goodnight, child..." he lays down next to Octavio, and looks at Ajay's social media. Empty. She would have posted if they were dating, would she?

Elliott scoots besides Octavio, and slowly, he gets close enough to wrap him into his arms. Elliott was scooping him, and he played with Octavio's hair a bit, until he fell into a deep sleep.