Chapter 8

          I was sitting on the red three seat couch in my living room, watching the newest episode of Love & Hip Hop Hollywood. Since Jamie went home the same night Nicole was arrested, I've had the entire house to myself this whole week. I wasn't creeped out or scared of being home alone like most people would be, so I was fine. Especially since the house was always packed with grocery and I had fifty bucks on me to buy or order food sometimes if I wasn't feeling what was in the house some nights.

          I spent most of the week on the phone with Mercedes, watching movies on the Internet or television, going on FaceBook, texting Zaire and watching a little porn. I've only had sex one time, I lost my virginity to my sort of kind of boyfriend. A boy named Valentino who use to go to my high school last year until he randomly transferred out. I figured he stopped attending there once he just stopped showing up to school. I knew he didn't drop out because he wasn't that type of kid. The day after he took my virginity, he showed up to school and didn't say a word to me. It stayed like that for a week and I was so confused and hurt. Then another week went by and that was the last time I saw him. I wasn't gonna lie, yeah I was tight. It made me feel like a hoe. But, enough about Valentino. I'll get on him some other time and explain the full story when I'm not that mad to rant about it.

          I got off the couch and pulled my black booty shorts down because they were riding up my ass. I hum under my breath and reach over, grabbing the metal spoon from the same small plastic bowl I was eating my ice cream out of and head to the kitchen to get some more of the Baskin Robins cookie dough ice cream in the refrigerator. I already had three bowls and I knew I shouldn't be going for more, but it was just so good.

          I set the tub of ice cream on the counter and take the kid off. I know what you're thinking. Nasty—she's about to use the same spoon she put in her mouth to take ice cream out that everyone has to eat from. Yes I am, because I'm Serenity Penn and I could do that.

          I take out another bowl full of ice cream and the container is damn near empty when I put it back. I make my way into the living room with my bowl in hand right in time to see the show come back. A minute later my cellphone starts ringing on the couch near me and I plop down and pick it up. It was a text from Zaire.

          Zaire - What you doing pretty?  6:23PM

          Me - Chillin' at my crib.  6:24PM

          Zaire - I'm close by, chillin' on Nixon Avenue wit' a few of my niggas. You should come through. It's lit down here.  6:40PM