Chapter 1

They call me Amil. The boy raised by wolves.

It all started when I was one year old, coming home from vacation in Canada.
I dont remember much.
My father lost the steering, we crashed into a tree. My parents, well, they didn't make it.
I remember the bonnet of the car smashed up, reaching out for the caved in windscreen.

After a few moons, I met the pack. Sheira used her glistening white teeth to rip me out of the baby seat.
At first the pack would snarl and growl at me; Sheira knew what she was doing.
She would protect me.

As I grew, they learned to accept me and began teaching me their ways.

Every half moon, I would meet up with Agira, to learn how to be a real wolf, he taught me how to howl.
Of course I had already learned, very quickly, how go communicate with everyone. It just came naturally.

One day I was out with my friends, we were only juveniles at the time, we were playing in the open grasslands. Of course we were taught to never go there (without ever being given a reason for it).
But I thought it would be the best way for my youngest brother to hang out with us all for the first time without his parents/ my... sort of parents around.

But a smell occurred to me, one that could never be mistaken for anything else other than... "HUNTERS!"

They were back in our territory again.
Looking for more fur.
Of course, my brother was only 8 moons old, it startled him.

We had to hide.
As the snapping of twigs drew closer, Little Sammy shook more and more. We shouldnt have took him with us! He should have stayed home, deep in the forest where no hunters could get.

"Sammy... dont move a muscle..." no matter how much I'd whisper to him, it wouldnt help.

They were right by us now. Sammy couldn't help it.
"SAMMY NO!"
BANG!
The hunter took a shot and a river of blood flooded the area.
"I- I'm sorry Amil.."
My brother. Is dead.
How am I supposed to tell our parents, seeing him being stripped for his beautiful, thick, brown fur coat was the most painful thing I've ever seen. My heart aches each day, and the fact I could have prevented it from happening... is just the worst.

I had to at least try and help him.. maybe there was a way to bring him back. After the high pitched buzzing had ended after the shot, I ran out towards him.
Another shot was fired. This time, it was me.
My eyes began to feel heavy, I was too scared to close them.

The hunter swept me up off my feet, I could feel my friends peering through the grass at me in the forest.
And that's all I can remember from that day.

Then I opened my eyes.
It was such a surprise to me.
Is this heaven?
Bright lights surrounding me, making my vision blurry.
Then my eyes adjusted and I could see that I was in a shiny, ice white room.

As my eyes adjusted just that bit more, I could see humans all around me with white masks on staring and prodding at me. I had a mask on too, a big, thick, black one with what appeared to be bars at the front. I tried to shake it off but when you're tied to a table, it's not easy.

They began making the strangest of sounds, I've never heard it before. But I remember Sheila speaking of it to another member of the pack when I was just a little cub. If I remember correctly, that's how humans communicate. Strange hand gestures, nodding or even sometimes shaking their heads.
How peculiar?

At the time, I just knew that I had gotten myself in a mess that wouldn't be easily gotten out of.
Constantly being poked and stabbed with long, small, sharp things that soon fill up with red stuff. But no matter how much I struggled. I just couldn't get away.

When they were done with the torture, they shot at me again!
And of course I wake up in a totally different room. Still shiny, ice white but this time, with huge, thick metal bars on one end, where they would slide "vegetables" under it, in which they expected me to eat!
Although, there was one upside, I wasnt tied down and didnt have a mask on my face.

There was a constant, discomforting stench coming from the room opposite me, there was people in black and white uniform crowding around. They had gotten there after a loud, ear aching sound coming from that very room. Soon enough, the person was carried away and a rope was taken down from the ceiling.
It was weird.

After being there for twelve entire moons, I began to feel as if I could never return home and the endless days of torture would still go on.
The most annoying thing the humans would do is every night, they would come into my room, crouch down infront of me and put their hand out infront of my face... then complain when I bite. Isn't it a bit obvious?

They abducted me!

One sunrise, I was waiting in my room at the bars, waiting for my food, hoping it was Antelope. Then I saw it.
The potential way out!
I turned around and there was a crack in the weak part of the wall.
I had to do it...

"Hey kid, what are you doing?"
That noise again! Quickly, I turned around and sat infront of the small hole I had clawed out with my paws behind me covering it.
The human unlocked the door and walked over to me.
"What are you hiding there bud?"
I used my feet to push me further away, but I couldn't! I was flat against the wall. He was onto me, I'm sure of it!

"Want to show me what you've got there?" I saw him reach for his pocket, it made me panic...
"HEY STOP RIGHT THERE!"
Now, if I can just squeeze through here...
Where is Sheila when you need her? As my mother, she should be around at all times right?
Of course, I was howling and howling...
He latched onto my foot and wouldn't let go!
All of the humans from the other rooms were screaming psychotically.
My ears! My ears!
It was a traumatic experience- one that I will never forget.

Hold on a minute...
At the top of the hill, I see golden brown fur emerging... is that... Sheila?