A Spade

Dedication to @I_Otaku

Yes, I know! It doesn't have to be said! I feel like I haven't updated in forever! DX I want to, I really do, but my workload has literally just increased twenty fold.

The teachers just forgot about our NHD and Science Fair at the beginning of the year. Then, a few weeks later; BOOM. WORK IS DUE THE NEXT DAY. And they just smile and say: "oh yeah! I forgot! You have a large project that counts for twenty percent of your grade for the first semester. Here you go" and they pass out big old packets.

the fu?

I mean, seriously, give us hard stuff first. I'd rather get all hard stuff done and over with. I mean, there's a lot of pressure on me because your grades in seventh grade count towards your high school application! This might be the same for you guys... But still. I honestly can only go to one school because it's the only school with the same ingenuity curriculum.

I can only go to Poly for high school or my ingenuity life is done. And that sucks.

And that concludes my rant.

|~=~|~=~|~=~|

Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Spade

|~=~|~=~|~=~|

Levy's P.O.V.

|~=~|~=~|~=~|

I felt a shiver climb up my spine. My eyes kept glancing back and forth at Erza unconsciously. I shouldn't be worrying. I'm sure everything'll come back to her. And whoever else forgot about me.

"Are you okay, Levy?" I heard a feminine voice call out.

I turned to her and nodded. "I'm fine, Erza. Just thinking."

"Oh, I see. You looked rather pale. What were you thinking about?"

"Just worst case scenarios." I turned to Erza briefly. "What if you guys never get your memory back? What if the assassins get the power? What if everyone just... Just..."

She smiled. "If our memory doesn't come back, we'll make new ones. If the assassins get the power, we'll take it back. And if we really go down... Well, we won't. We are Fairy Tail after all."

I grinned in return. "Yeah... I guess you're right."

"Wait." Gajeel stated nervously. "Something's off. I'm sure we've walked past this same pathway before. And there's something else. I don't know, but I think I smell blood and... Cinnamon?"

Erza furrowed her brows. "Stop talking nonsense. This is the first time we've walked past this path. And why, in the right mind, would you smell cinnamon? We are in a labyrinth for Mavis' sake!"

He clenched his teeth at her and growled. "I don't know, okay! Maybe you're the one that's wrong! Maybe you just don't realize what's happening! Maybe you don't understand what's happening around you!"

"Shut up!" She yelled back angrily, re-quipping her swords. "What do you know?!"

Gajeel suddenly flinched and stared at Erza with wide eyes. "You- it can't be. That's impossible. You too? One is enough and now you?"

Erza frowned deeply and I crossed my arms. "Gajeel... Is there something you aren't telling us?" I asked impatiently.

He shook his head. "I don't think it's in my place to say." Gajeel glanced at Erza. "Maybe you should be more aware and careful of your surroundings. I don't get it, but just take my advice."

"What are you guys not telling me? Erza?"

Erza's eyes averted away. "I'm not sure what he means either. Don't look at me."

I nodded and walked over to Gajeel. "Okay, so don't tell me what's going on. But why'd you lose your temper so easily back there? You're pretty calm most of the time."

"I don't know what came over me." He shrugged. "I just felt like I needed to pent out. When she talked to me, I guess I just lost control."

"You..." I started carefully. "Lost control? Is someone doing this? Is this an effect of the labyrinth?"

"No. I don't think so. I'm sure it was just me."

"Still, we should get out of here as quick as we can. How long have you guys been stuck here?"

Erza cleared her throat. "If I'm right, then about four to five hours."

Gajeel groaned. "Don't remind me. If there really is a time difference in this world and the real, the. We have two hours left to defeat the assassins and get everyone out." He turned. "We only have three months. Three months and they're going to declare us dead."

Erza put her hair up. "Don't talk like that. We'll get out in time. And even if we don't, Fairy Tail would never give up on us."

I looked at the back of my hand. "Still three..."

"What?"

"Three assassins are left. The twins and Ferlong. They're waiting for us. I can feel them hesitating and mocking us."

Gajeel snorted. "You feel them?"

"I do!" I retorted hotly. "I don't know how to explain it. It might have something to do with them wanting this... Power I have..."

"Yes," someone interrupted. "The power you hold is something amazing, isn't it?"

I turned to the voice, finding nothing.

"I don't think you realize anything yet, Levy. You just do see it. You don't understand how strong and powerful the power you're holding is. You just, don't care."

"What do you want?"

"I laugh at your foolishness. Maybe, you could've been safe at the lab. But you decided to run. And to these stupid Fairies! Ha! Unbelievable! I hoped that our maker was better than this!"

"Your maker? Who?"

"You, Levy. You are our creator."

I turned sharply and a small gasp left my mouth.

"Is that you... Haru?"

He scowled. "Do not call me so familiarly. I am the King of Spades, Haruka Shirayuki.