Chapter 3

After my rather public humiliation, Penelope's rather awesome verbal attack, and Drakes heavy heart confession, we didn't do much. Classes went along pretty quickly. Since it was the first day there wasn't much to do.

Drake hasn't done anything to show Penelope his feelings. I'm really hoping they end up together. They've always been great friends and I think they'll be good for each other.

Well moving on we're now in science class. The teacher is trying to show us how much fun we're gonna have this year.

I'm actually starting to get excited until he chooses Rachael to come help him. She looks in and I thought I saw her put something in the container but I couldn't tell. Just to be safe I walked backwards slowly just in case. The container is an old tin coffee bean holder with a lid. He suppose to be able to blow some sort of powder into the inside not a candle and create an explosion that blows off the top.

Then I notice that Rachael is hiding behind one of her she-demons which is suspicious because Rachael always goes after the attention. I tap Drake on the shoulder and tell him to get back along with Penelope. We're in the back of the class now and as Mr. Hannson blew into the tube that made the powder blow around the stuff blew up bigger than it was supposed to, sending tin debris everywhere.

There were groaning and screaming but when I looked up Rachael and two of her she-demon friends were looking around.

"Do you see them?" She-demon number one said.

"Well hurry up and find them. We only have so long until Camp Half-Blood sends a demigod or satyr," Rachael said to the two others.

It was then that I realized three things. One. They all had weapons. The two obviously lower ranked girls had knives while Rachael had a golden whip.

Two. Everyone else in the room was in a dream state which left me and Drake awake. Or at least I thought it was only us five.

"There!"

Three. They were after us. I saw Rachael charge to us with her whip raised with her partners following right behind her. Then out of no where Penelope jumped up and appeared to take the attack for us. That was the other person who was awake.

"Noooo!" I heard Drake scream but I was to shocked with Penelope's quick actions. It seemed like everything was moving in slow motion.

Then the blade hit something in Penelope's hand. I didn't see it since u refused to watch but suddenly she had a golden sword with flame engravings up the side. Penelope had a sword? How have I never noticed it?

My train of thought was cut off with Penelope swinging her blade which pulled the whip straight out of Rachael's hand.

"How did I not know you were a demigod Penelope?" Rachael said with a smile.

"Looks like you're getting worse at your job." It was Penelope's turn to smile.

Rachael had a sudden flash of anger. "Gahhhh!"

Rachael's henchmen suddenly started moving forward to Penelope. I had to do something. Think. Think! I watched as Drake picked up a cinder block from a part of the wall that broke. He walked behind one of the girls and hit her from behind with it. She crumpled instantly.

It would've been smart if there wasn't a second one. Drake started running and throwing rocks and stuff at her while he kept moving, trying to keep her occupied.

I looked around again. I went to the teachers desk and pulled out his coffee beans. Perfect. Another tin can. The I grab the lighter and a candle and put the can sideways. I gently placed the candle on the inside. I poked a hole in the back with a sharp rock and then put some rocks in there with the candle. I placed the powdery substance just out of the Flames way. I light the candle and put the lid on.

"Drake get down!"

Over the years Drake has learned to listen to me. He dropped instantly. The enemy not so lucky. She looks at me right when I blew though the hole causing the second explosion. The rocks hit the second partner and she was knocked out cold. And then there was one.

I looked at Penelope and Rachael as Penelope made a slash across the sleeve of the shirt. I saw some sort of lettering on Rachael's arm.

"This isn't worth it. I'm out of here." She hit her wrist watch and she was gone.

"Penelope what just happened?" I ask rather unsure if I want the answer.

"No time. Just no this. I'm Penelope. Daughter of Hades. Protecter of the Camp. And you need to trust me."

"I trust you," Drake says.

"And so do I," I agree reluctantly, not sure if we can still trust her. After all she's been walking around with a sword for Pete's sake.

"Good. We better get you to camp," Penelope says with a smile.