52

A/n: First off I want to apologize for not updating y'all 🤧 a lot was going on and I spent a while not writing, but I am back
________________________________________

Dinah
'She's not here, she's never coming back.'

Preslee whimpered and continued keeping guard by the door. What right did I have to get angry at her for missing Normani when I spent the last few days sleeping on her side of the bed until it no longer smelt like her. Preslee gave up after a while and she came to sit beside me in the living room. Her footsteps seemed loud in the quiet house. Everything seemed loud here, including the silence.

She barked at me as I lifted the glass of wine to my lips. If I didn't know better I would swear this dog was human in its past life.

'Don't look at me like this is rock bottom. I am drinking expensive ass wine on a Friday night because I can.'

Zendaya scoffed, 'you're talking to your dog and drinking expensive ass when on a Friday night, that's sad.'

'Well it just so happens that I am sad. About two weeks ago, my girlfriend, whom I was planning to marry left me. So what are you drinking? Wine, tequila, vodka, champagne, Lauren drank champagne when she was here yesterday to celebrate me being rid of my cheating girlfriend.'

'It's okay, I can get my own drink.'

'Bring the whole bottle with you.' She topped my glass up before putting the bottle on the coffee table by the side of the couch. 'You went with the wine. That's a good choice.'

'Yeah... so how was your day today?'

'I didn't cry if that's what you're asking.'

Zendaya rolled her eyes. 'That's good to know. Have you written a super sad Taylor Swift esque break up song yet?'

'I refuse to become a stereotype.'

'So that means yes then?'

I rolled my eyes, 'it's not a breakup song as such. I wrote part of it the morning after the senior lock in when I couldn't sleep.'

'When she left? But that was a different situation entirely.'

'Yeah but it didn't hurt any less that she was gone,' I said quietly. 'You know I'm angry at her, but at the same time I get why she left. It had nothing to do with anything that she said in that video either. I mean that was just pure bullshit.'

Zendaya poured more wine into both our glasses. 'So if she comes back would you take her back?'

'Right now, yes. If however she comes back in a few weeks, maybe even months, I don't know.'

'That's fair.'

That was the last coherent conversation I could remember having that night. I woke up in bed to a missed call from my mother. I was supposed to pick my sisters up from the airport that morning. I quickly showered and changed into something else, but they were already downstairs with Zendaya.

'I am so sorry, we got drunk last night and you know how wine makes me sleep. Anyway I will make it up to you—'

'What are you talking about? There was a car waiting to pick us up and Z was up when we got here—oh wait... she did that.'

'Yeah, I called her last night, it says we talked for two minutes.'

Zendaya shook her head, 'nah I think it was just you talking. You said something about needing to go because you had to get up early. And you told her about Mila and Naki coming over.'