Chapter I. A Cruel Fate; cont.

As Paradel drove down the road to his favorite hiking trail, he noticed how late it was getting.
He hadn't taken his medicine yet, he knew he'd have to stay away from home that night.
He hated the medicine but to keep those of which he cared about safe, he had to take it, no matter what.

As he pulled into the parking area near the start of the trail he saw a familiar face, it was his cousin Rayn. Rayn was tall, muscular and covered from head to toe in sawdust, he'd just gotten off work at the mill.

Rayn looked at Paradel and smiled, "Well look what the moon drug in, guess I won't be alone tonight" Rayn was like Paradel, special, a werewolf of one of the eldest (and most hidden) clans in north america. Paradel knew Rayn embraced his bestial side more than most, Rayn could control his turnings whereas Paradel could not.

Paradel was glad that he'd have someone to keep him in check and away from town.
Rayn was excited to have a chance to see how strong Paradel had become, maybe Paradel be able to hold his own against him.

Paradel grabbed his knapsack of supplies and got out of his truck, he was never all that great when it came to fighting.
"How's it going Rayn?, doing alright?" Paradel said in a slightly annoyed tone "I'm doing okay, I broke up Leigh-ann last week. Well...she broke up with me, I guess she didn't really like our relationship. We're still talking though, so I'm glad she's okay with being friends."

Paradel could hear the pain in his cousin's voice as he said *friends*. "Dang, why didn't you call or at least text me?" after saying this Paradel let out an exasperated sigh and shook his head.

Rayn looked down at the gravel of the parking area and said "You know me Del, I'm not exactly good at that kind of thing"

"Yeah, I do know you. Almost more than myself, so let's talk." Paradel knew it'd be a long walk, but at least he'd have company.