𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨.

art by @/nea1031 on instagram

ANIMALISTIC (II) REWRITTEN.
a m. yandere werewolf x f. reader story by alissabex.

A creature in the cold wood driven with instinct. Enduring a craving it cannot fight.

Wolves, hunting creatures. Beasts who hunt in large groups. Cornering and chasing prey before gnawing on their bones. Rows of razor-sharp canines, a full coat of thick fur and eyes that could petrify and freeze their prey in fear. Elegant animals despite the evident threat. Step too close and you might end up as a pile of bones, licked clean of all flesh and blood.

Intelligent & interesting pack animals. Working in a particular system of the leader, the subordinates or second in command and the runts. Alphas being the strongest among the rest, the fighters protecting the weak. Betas as the hunters, providers for everyone. And last of all, omegas. Mostly consisting of the elderly wolves no longer able to do their part and the weaker born wolves.

An odd fascination for the animals. Animals in general really. A natural curiosity for the unknown or abnormal.  Maybe, even just for the beauty of it. This subject always held a deep curiosity and interest within (Y/N) (L/N).

And from this curiosity stemmed her career of choice. (Y/N) (L/N) became a wildlife photographer, although she could've opted for a more serious career such as a zoologist or wildlife biologist. The path seemed restricted to her. And so she began to share the beauty of the creature she adored so much. Even if just them laying in the snow or hunting for food, studying and watching their behaviour was intriguing.

But there was one creature in particular she searched for tirelessly. A large wolf, with golden brown fur the colour of gingerbread, with eyes of rose. She saw the large wolf once, snapping one clear shot of the majestic beast, the rest nothing but a faded blur or jumbled mess. Something was compelling about this wolf in particular. The first sighting caught of it ended in it sprinting off into the deep woods, covered in a thick layer of pure white snow. Accidentally snapping a twig trying to snap a shot.

Currently, watching a pack of common grey wolves eating from the carcass of a large buck. Their large canines and fur stained with the blood of their prey, munching on the raw meat. Quickly snapping a few shots of the beasts in their natural habitat, the camera clicking quietly. She looked closely at the photos to see if more shots were needed.

Unbeknownst to her, their were a pair of striking rose coloured eyes watching from a far. Intrigued by the human intruder, the curious human could get herself killed being so close to a pack of wild wolves. A hungry pack as well despite the large meal they currently bite into eagerly. The large wolf turned away from the sight, the sight all too tempting and curious about the humans behaviour. Most wouldn't even sought out a single wolf, let alone a whole pack of them. The sight of one scaring them half to death.

CURIOUS LITTLE THING...

535 word count.
written and edited by @/alissabex.
started: DECEMBER 2019
concluded: -