✿ May I Have This Dance With You? ✿

(Aditya's perspective)

My mind was struggling with my heart to not wipe away the bits of water from Zoya's lips. It wasn't my right to do so. When we were best friends I had helped her clean the corner of her lips the midnight we both escaped from our houses to have some Ice-cream but today, at this moment the equations between us has changed, at least from my side. 

The strange dilemma through which I was going was hard for me to comprehend in my right senses. I had started feeling possessive for Zoya, started thinking about her every time when she's not around, started missing her company and Arjun told me that I might have fallen for her, my best friend Zoya.

With a confused heart I touched Zoya's lips with my thumb. What made me act that way was just my uncontrollable instincts. She was ogling her eyes wide at me shockingly. Her hazel deep eyes were making my heart ache with the love my eyes held for her. Before my mind could process anything practically, I've moved my thumb over her bottom lip to which Zoya closed her eyes tightly and I could notice her shivering under my touch. I felt an unusual sensation seeing her close her eyes and letting me touch her lips. 

This isn't what friends do, NO! I'm doing something inappropriate and out of my boundaries. Being her best friend I shouldn't be taking any advantage from a moment. I might feel for her romantically but she hasn't confessed anything of sorts. She considers me as her azeez dost and she trusts me. This is wrong!

In an instant realization hitting me hard, I took my thumb off Zoya's lip, got up from the chair in which I was sitting and turned around unable to face Zoya. Perhaps in the process I scratched my thumb vigorously over her lip but I had to stop what I was doing. 'Why was I unable to control my senses! I don't know what she might be thinking about her best friend? Have I broken her more?', I couldn't help but think.

(Zoya's perspective)

I was completely baffled with Aditya's rude behaviour. We were having lunch like two best friends enjoying each other's company when all of a sudden Aditya decides to behave mad. I couldn't hold it up anymore and vent out my entire frustration which I've been holding up to myself and living with for an entire week. I stood up and talked with him.

"What's wrong with you Aditya? Jab se humne aapse poocha ki aap hume contact kyun nahi kiya, us waqt se lekar aap humare saath weird behave kar rahe hai. Hume sab dikh raha hai, hum bachche nahi hai Aditya! Humne aisa kya kiya jisse aapko itna gussa aagaya achanak? Hum har pal aapke baareme soch thi rahi itne dino se aur hum kitne worried the aap keliye! Aapko andaaza bhi nahi hoga ki hum aapke yaad mein kitne aasun bahaye hai, kal raat bhi humne aapke aur humare pic.. pictures dekthe dekthe sogaye the aur aaj is event me aakar bhi humara man nahi lagraha tha kyun ki hum aapko yaad kar rahe the! Is event par humari concentration thi hi nahi. Hum apni iPod ko lekar aap.. aapki photos hi dekh rahe the. Hum.. hume aapke bina kuch achcha nahi lagtha tha Aditya! Sab kuch suna suna jaisa lagraha tha jis din se aap America gaye the. Patha nahi hume kya hogaya tha us din se lekar! Aapko USA jaane ke baad agar humari thori si chinta bhi thi, hume ek call karne se aapka kya jaatha? Aap itne khudgarz kaise hosakthe hai? Hum yaha pal pal mar rahe the aapke bina, aapki yaad mein aur aapko humari fik.. fikra hi nahi thi! Aisi kaun si museebat aagayi aapko jiske kaaran aap humse itne door hogaye? Humari zindagi humse choot gayi? Ghar aakar bhi aapne do din tak humse baat bi nahi ki aur hume teek se kuch batha bhi nahi rahe hai ki hua kya hai. Aapko dikhtha nahi hai hum kitne toot chuke hai? Hum aapke barthav ke baareme kya soche, aapne aise hume avoid kyun ki Aditya? Bataiye! Hume jaanna hai, bataiye aapne aisa kyun kiya?"

I snapped with anger and agony in my heart converting to words to which Aditya turned around to look at me, shaking my entire being. He has been crying listening to every word I was saying, tears brimming in his eyes, his face completely red and those sharp features in his face looked stiff for a moment.