Chapter 1: Friends

Luke's POV

I walked into my cabin and looked at all the people. I decided to walk over to a blonde haired guy that was talking to a black haired guy.

"Heya" I said as I stopped in front of them. "Hey" "Hi" They said as I then said "My name's Luke, what are you names?" I adjusted my scarf as I said this. "My name's Reiner, and this is Bertholdt." The blonde haired guy now named Reiner said as he pointed to himself, then the black haired guy now known as Bertholdt. "So are you guys good friends already then?" I asked. "Yup! Bertholdt is my childhood friend, we've stuck together through thick and thin." Reiner chuckles as he says this. "Indeed, Reiner and I have had each other's back all the time" Bertholdt said. "Well it's good to have a friend to help you out, I don't know anyone here yet" I said as I scratched the back of my head nervously. "Well best of luck" Bertholdt says as I respond "Thanks"

I then decided to walk over to a brown haired guy that was talking to another blonde haired guy. "Heya" I said to them as they looked at me. "Hey" "Oh, hi" They said, I was about to say something, but the the blonde haired guy spoke up again "My name's Armin, and this is Eren, what's yours?" He said as I responded "I'm Luke, it's nice to meet you both, I'm guessing you two are childhood friends?" Eren chuckles after I say this "Yeah, Armin, Mikasa, and I have been friends for a long time" "Mikasa?" I asked as Armin spoke up "She's Eren's adoptive sister, she would always come in to stop Eren from going too far" he whispered that last part.

Just then, someone else spoke up "Ha! A scarf? What kind of guy wears a scarf? That's so-" "The kind of guy that wants remember his mother by wearing something that she made for him. Now who are you?" I interrupted him, keeping a calm expression as he responds "Jean Kirschtein, and I think it's stupid to wear a sca-" He didn't get to finish because I kicked his legs out from under him, making him fall. "Well, Jean, here's a lesson, don't do anything you would regret." I said. Eren then spoke up "That was pretty cool, Luke" "Meh, not really, but it was funny to do it when he wasn't expecting it" I chuckle a little when I say this. "Welp, tomorrow we start our training, so I'm gonna go for a walk, be back later" I said as Eren, Armin, Reiner, and Bertholdt give a thumbs up and I walked out.

I started thinking about the kinds of people I would meet as I was walking. I hope there aren't more people like that Jean guy. I do wonder wh- I didn't get to finish that thought because I bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry, are you ok?" It appeared that I bumped into a blonde haired girl with her hair styled like mine, so it covers the right eye, and she had blue eyes. I went to help her up. "I should've watched where I was going" I said as I grabbed her hand and helped her up. I noticed to her looking at me for a second as her cheeks turn a little pink. Is she feeling sick? "So....what's your name? Mine's Luke" That seemed to have snapped her out of her daze as she then got an emotionless look and responded "Annie..." She walked away as I just decided to continue my walk, I wonder what distracted her....

Annie's POV

I am walking away from Luke after we bumped into each other, I was going to tell him to watch where he was going, but something stopped me as my face started to heat up and my heart was beating faster. I just ended up staring at his face. He did look kind of cute though... Wait, what did I just think?! I feel my face heat up just thinking about it. I just hope this won't happen again. I continue my walk around.