Chapter 18: Help

Luke's POV

We see Reiner and Bertholdt talking about something, but what? I do my best to stand on my left foot. I still have a few minutes before my right foot is back. Shit, judging from the looks on their faces, they'll try to get us moving. Reiner then says something to him that causes him to get....flustered? Bertholdt then says something to him, then glares at me. That doesn't look good. Reiner then uses Eren's ODM gear to come over to us. "What are you two doing now? I thought we were waiting till dark" Eren said while I struggled to keep my balance. Reiner then responded "There's been a slight change of plan. I'm gonna ask you nicely not to put up a fight. And I don't think it's a good idea to be hopping on one leg is a good idea, Luke" I shrugged as I got ready to try and buy time. Eren then put on a friendly expression, but I knew it was fake. "Easy, there's no need for us to get all violent. It's not like I can resist like this, I mean take a look at me. Just calm down, ok?" Eren said, he stepped back, then stopped the facade by hitting Reiner in the face with what he had of his arm right now. He then proceeded to elbow him in the face, yelling "Die! Die! Die! Die!" You get the idea. Reiner then kicked him off and start to suffocate him. I was about to go over to help him, when Bertholdt grabbed me from behind. "Do you really think that's a good idea based on the condition you're in?" He asked as I respond "Better than not doing anything!" I struggle to get free, but he just ends up bringing me down. He was trying to tie my hands up, but I kept struggling. This kept going until Reiner slammed my head into the branch, giving Bertholdt enough time to tie my hands up. "Shit, that fucking hurt!" I see that Eren is now unconscious. Bertholdt then started talking to Ymir. Apparently when she was a titan, she ate someone important to them? I try to sit up, but fail. "What the hell are you two talking about?!" I wasn't staying calm anymore, I'm gonna show them that I'm pissed. "That's not important" Bertholdt responded "Like hell it isn't!" I was going to say more, but Reiner slammed my head into the branch again. "Shut the hell up" "Can you at least help me sit up?" I asked "Fine" Reiner helped sit me up as I noticed that my foot is a quarter of the way back now. "And how do you plan to carry all three of us?" "I'm gonna carry Eren and Bertholdt's gonna carry you two." Bertholdt must be stronger than he looks. "You know I'm not coming willingly." Reiner then started walking towards me again. "Oh, I know" Well fuck.

Third Person POV

Reiner and Bertholdt would be carrying Eren, Ymir, and Luke while getting away using ODM gear. Unknowingly to them, Luke was only pretending to be unconscious. Reiner believe that he made Luke pass out from lack of air when he suffocated him like he suffocated Eren. "So now, we find a place without titans. As far away as possible. I haven't recovered enough to outrun these guys. They surround us, there's nothing my titan form can do right now." Reiner said as Ymir responded "Then why the hell didn't we just wait for the sun to go down?!" She looks back to see smoke signals. "Smoke signals? Did the Scouts come to save us?" This caught Luke's attention as he thought 'I knew it, that would give me a chance to escape, but I'm still healing. I would be able to stand, but not transform. I need to wait for the right time.' Reiner then said something "Damn it, that formation wouldn't work unless the brought a bunch of horses over the wall. Who gave that order? I honestly thought we had more time than this, it's gotta be Commander Erwin. Hard as nails, that one" They then see another smoke signal, it was green. Reiner then blames Eren and Luke for struggling. Ymir then says "Christa's here. Reiner! We have to go back, now! Christa's with them!" "What?" "This is our best chance!" "You're full of it, no way you can see that far!" "Look, I just know! Think about it, ok? She's a big softy, right? Stupid girl's come to rescue me! She had to!" "Yeah, well so what?! I'm sorry, it'll have to wait!" "What?!" They continue arguing.