BTS - Chapter 6.5

Felicity's POV:

"We got caught up in the rain?" I raised a brow at Harry as the elevator doors shut.

That had to have been the lamest excuse I'd ever heard. But when I thought about it, it was better than anything I could have come up with. I probably would've said something that didn't make any sense at all or become so flustered that my words ran together and I started speaking a different language. So I guess of all the possibilities, Harry's little excuse wasn't too bad.

"What else was I supposed to say?" He frowned, pressing the button for our room floor. "'Oh sorry, sir, we were just swimming in the pool in the fucking cold after the facility was closed.' Yeah, that would've gone real well with him."

He rolled his eyes at me and stared at the steel doors in front of us. The two of us were dripping wet as our clothes were no longer dry in the slightest. I was freezing cold and couldn't wait until I jumped into the shower.

I didn't know why on earth I decided that going for a swim in the wintertime was a good idea, especially when we were in Pennsylvania where it was close to snowing. Not my smartest move. Just because I had seen a picture of it in the magazine, didn't mean that I had to go and do it. I could've said something more logical, like playing checkers or painting my nails.

But despite how dumb of an idea that was on my part, it was actually kind of fun. I didn't quite fully admit it to Harry, all I said when he asked me was 'maybe.' I didn't know. I didn't really want him knowing that I actually enjoyed it.

The elevator doors opened up at our floor and we stepped out into the hallway. Our shoes squished and made weird sloshing noises as we walked down the carpet to our room. My clothes felt so heavy on my body. They were heavy and wet, and I just wanted to get out of them as soon as possible.

Harry unlocked the room door, letting me inside before he stepped in. Immediately I took my shoes off, propping them up against the wall so that they would dry out. I was hoping I didn't have to take the hair dryer to them in the morning.

I walked over to my bag that was sitting on top of my bed, making sure water from my hair didn't drip onto anything. Pulling out my bag of shampoo and shower stuff, I set it on the bed comforter before I began to grab a change of clothes that I could sleep in. It was really difficult trying to make sure I didn't get anything wet.

Right as I had all my things, I turned around to head to the shower, seeing Harry peel off his wet shirt. I just stood there and stared at him as he wrung out the fabric, watching as his muscles would tense. I couldn't gather myself to move from my spot, and I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. I wasn't even entirely sure if I was annoyed with him or not.

"How long are you going to keep staring at me?" He laughed, looking up and meeting my gaze.

Okay, I was definitely annoyed.

"You can take a p-"

"Picture because it will last longer," I rolled my eyes as I cut him off. Composing myself, I straightened my posture and clutched tighter to the bag filled with my shower essentials. "Whatever. I'm going to shower."

"So am I," he smirked as he stepped towards the bathroom door, blocking me from getting past him. "We'll just take one together. I promise I won't look."

"No!" I shouted, causing him to laugh. I shook my head repeatedly as I scowled at him. "We are never showering together."

"Never is a very strong word, I wouldn't be too quick to use that," he winked at me but received no reaction. At my disinterest, he slumped his shoulders and tried to hide the smile forming on his face. "It saves water! Think about the environment, Felicity!"