Chapter 1

She stared down at the thug. His face was bubbling and blistering as his insides boiled. She took no pity on the selfish man who had stolen from an old lady earlier on in the day. She believed he deserved the gorish way to go and saw nothing wrong with what she had done.

She hasn't been the same since the death of her father in the fight against Thanos. She believed she had the right to avenge her father. She felt robbed of never being able to see her father grow old with Pepper and she wanted to destroy the people who allowed it to happen.

She wanted the Avengers dead.

The same people she grew up with and helped her harness and grow her powers, she believed they turned their back on her father and she never forgave them for that.

"Avery Stark, put your hands up!" A smile forms on her face and she turns to look at the police officers who had surrounded her.

"You want my hands up?" She taunts. She raises them, and then douses the officers with fire. "There. My hands are up!" She immediately looks to her left when a familiar scent fills her nostrils.

"Avery, we know you're hurting. Just please, put down your hands."

"You know NOTHING!" She screams. "Your parents killed my father!" She seethes. She aims her hands towards the two rookies and she gets ready to make them pay for their parents sins.

"Avery, they didn't kill him! He sacrificed himself. Our parents respected Tony." Sevedyn pleads. The two young witches prepared themselves for the burn as Avery's hands grew more red.

"You lie! Both of your parents sided with Steve Rogers instead of realizing my father was right! It's always been Steve, and once I'm done with you, I'll find the old bastard and kill him too." She warns. She uses all of her energy and blasts the two girls. She turns and flies off, not realizing that the girls had thrown up a shield to protect themselves from harm.

--------------

Sevedyn and Prim enter the Avengers base, walking hand in hand until they reach Director Fury's office. They knock and wait patiently until the door opens and are greeted by Agent Hill.

"He's in a meeting at the moment." She says coldly.

"We have important information on Avery Stark." Agent Hill glances behind her before opening the door wider, allowing the girls in.

Fury watches as the girls enter the room with his hands folded in front of him. Sevedyn notices the red Spiderman mask but turns her attention back to Director Fury.

"We located Avery Stark, but she's grown more powerful since her disappearance a year ago."

"Yes, she's certainly mastered her powers. She burned a man from the inside out, all because he stole a womans purse. He was literally boiling alive." Prim and Sevedyn exchange a glance but the door being thrown open captures the attention of the three people in the room.

Peter Parker storms into the conference room, stopping to glance at the two witches before turning his attention to Nick Fury.

"What's the plan? Because Avery Stark is out of control! Did you know she freaking BURNED A MAN ALIVE FROM THE INSIDE OUT!?" Peter throws his hands up in exasperation. "Like, who actually does that?" Prim and Sevedyn exchange another look before glancing at Fury and silently heading for the door.

"Barton. Wilson. We're not finished with this conversation." Fury orders. "Parker, you need to calm down."

"No, you know what? I'm gonna go find her and calm her down. Maybe talk some sense into her because she has to realize shes not the only one who's grieving over Tony's death, alright? He was my mentor too. He was a father figure to me too."