8. Broken Noses

It felt like days, weeks, months later that I came to.
I was sore all over, like I'd taken a beating while I was unconscious, and I was starving.
When I opened me eyes, I was almost relieved that there was still a blindfold tied securely around my head, shielding me from my harsh reality. The lights were on, and I could see a million little specks of fluorescent light through the black fabric.
The room was eerily silent, except for the occasional drip drip drip of water hitting a hard surface. So I must have been alone.
Doing my best not to groan in pain, I slowly shifted in the bed, stretching my limbs to get some blood moving again. I found that I still couldn't move too much, because my appendages were still cuffed to the sides of the hospital bed I lay on. The cuffs were now padded, like those you'd find in a psych ward.

The door opened minutes after I woke up, and high heels clacked their way across the room. The woman ripped off my blindfold and I hissed in discomfort, clenching my eyes shut and turning my head away. She grabbed my chin in an icy hand and forced my face toward her.
"Look at me." Her voice echoed, hardened and cold. "Look what you did!"
My ears were ringing but I slowly managed to open my eyes and look at her. She had a set of diagonal scratches across her left cheek, and what appeared to be a broken nose.
"Ouch." I said dryly, "I must be stronger than I look."
She growled, her eyes piercing my soul. Then she jerked her hand down and pressed my windpipe. "I should kill you for this." The woman seethed.
"Then I suggest you get it over with, before I add some matching ones on your right cheek."

The door opened once more, and I got to watch as Elliot strode across the room, my hatred building with each step. When he arrived next to my bed I could no longer contain the growl that ripped its way out of my throat.
"Ooh, feisty. No wonder Doctor Navellia has to bring in the guards to subdue you. Broke your wrist cuff right off the bed and tried to kill her." Elliot put on a face that could only be described as a parent who was disappointed in their child. "I suppose we will have to start using sedatives. I wasn't too keen on the idea before, because not only will it mess with the research results," he leaned down close to my face, "But I also want you to feel every ounce of the pain."
I knew it was an awful idea, but before I could stop myself, I slammed my forehead into his face. He fell back screaming and holding his bleeding, probably broken, nose.
"I don't know what I ever did to you to deserve this." I said, my voice hard, "But I promise that if you're going to do it anyway, I'm going to earn the pain. Starting with your fucking nose."
Elliot shot back up and put a hand around my neck, "You're going to regret saying that." And he started to press. He was cutting off my air, and grinning all the while.
"You're.... fucking..... crazy...." I forced out, before my vision started to swim, and Elliot grinned wider. Doctor Navellia stood still in the background, tapping away on a tablet. "Don't kill him." She said, sounding bored. "I still have research to complete."
Elliot took a deep breath before letting go of my neck. "Don't get on my nerves again," he grunted out, "If you do, Then this research wont ever be complete."
He might have put it into very casual wording that sounded like office talk, but the threat was there. Then Elliot turned and left the room, and I was left to the devices and whims of one very ugly Dr. Navellia.

Before I could think, the woman brought forth a syringe and stabbed it beneath my skin. I snarled at her, "I'm going to kill you."
I felt the liquid pushing into my skin and dispersing through my veins.
"You'll be dead long before you get the chance to repeat those words." The she-bitch said as my vision grew blurry.
Then nothing.