Chapter 2:

It was raining. There was so much rain that it looked like anyone who went out there would drown. Most people sat inside or sheltered under a tree or bus stop, but on the lifeless playground of Wool's Orphanage sat a boy on the swings. He had emerald-green eyes and messy dark hair. He was also too thin for his age and looked like he was 5 or 6 instead of 7. He staring into space with an blank expression. The boy was soaking wet. He had been sitting there for about 3 hours, but he didn't mind.

"Are you okay, Collins? It's not good, sitting in the rain like that." The boy was surprised to hear a voice behind him. He didn't turn around but knew who it was, Tom Riddle. He was also surprised the other boy even talked to him. Yes, they were roommates, but Riddle had always ignored him if he wanted some help, to play, or just talk. The boy tried to hide his expression, successfully. It wasn't that difficult, he had a lot of practice.

"Why are you talking to me? Just go away, Riddle." Riddle raised his brow.

"Since when do you call me Riddle? You always called me Tom." Collins looked at Riddle furiously. He wanted to be alone.

"So, you do listen when I talk to you. snort Just leave me alone." Collins sneered.

"What happened, Harrison?" The boy, Harrison Collins, looked angry and surprised. He didn't want to talk about his problems, so he tried to change subject.

"Since when do you call me Harrison?"

"Don't change subject." Tom answered in a silky voice. He walked to the swing next to Harrison and sat on it.

"Do you always feel like this when someone calls you a freak?" Tom looked a bit surprised at this question.

"No, I got used to it." Tom answered icily. "So, the rumors were true. You and Angelique fell from the 15 meter high roof and landed safely in the kitchen."

Harrison said nothing. He thought back to the event that started it all.

Flashback

Harrison and his four other friends sat on the grass in front of Wool's Orphanage planning on what to do that day.

"What are we going to play today?" said a red-haired girl with brown eyes, Angelique Simmons.

"Hide and seek?" suggested a fat brown-haired boy, Rick Walker, who was now eating a sandwich.

"That sounds like a great idea" said a blond-haired girl, Emily Johnson, cheerfully. The others nodded.

"Who's it?" asked the thin brown-haired boy, Tobias Jackson.

"I'm it." said Harrison cheerfully. He closed his eyes and began to count. The other ran away to hide.

"One... Two...Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight... Nine... Ten!" Harrison opened his eyes and looked around.

He could see Rick behind a tree. He was too fat to stand there. Harrison had explained to him many times that there were better places to hide himself, but he wasn't really smart. He walked over to the tree.

"I've found you."

"Again the first one." Rick looked disappointed.