creative story-belonging

walking slowly, cloak trailing behind me as I tread fearfully down the full, but empty streets.

the un-restrained gazes burning through my cloak to the trembling body hidden underneath. some mothers even cover their children's eyes, whispering 'don't look her in the eyes, else she'll steal your soul and turn you into a mindless servent'. a cold and unforgiving gust of wind blasts me as a carriage misses me by a hair at high speed almost forcing me to jump back into the gutter.

continuing on down the full streets I bump into a young child around the age of seven, running away from a crazed woman who looks to be his mother, screaming at him to go back home to the attic.

seeing the distress in the young boys' eyes I pick him up and throw off the hood of my cloak revealing my elven ears and furious face, causing the entire street to quiet and still. The crazed mother froze in fear of my power that rolled off my cloaked body in powerful, frightening waves.

The street is silent as I walk away from the terrified woman with her son in my embrace, holding tight like a koala to a tree. As I walked us back to my woodland cottage he askes me why I helped him. Chuckling, I told him that I saw myself in his kind, pure soul. When he heard my words, his face lit up in pure joy at being told that.

smiling I walked into my home with him in my arms and set him down on my couch and started making some honey lemon tea and rose carrot cake, While I was making tea, the cute little boy gazed innocently and adorably at all the deer and animal skulls hanging on my walls and the crystals and shells scattered across the room on the old antique furniture, giving the room a creepy ethereal glow and feel.

seeing him gaze around the room at all my treasures I smile warmly seeing that he still has his innocent and adorable wonder in him. setting the food and drinks on the table I break his train of thought. While we eat and drink I ask him his name, his answer was bastard or when his 'mother' was in a good mood, Gideon, meaning destroyer. Frowning I ask him if he wanted to be my apprentice and have a new name.

looking at me practically glowing he repeatedly nods his head. Smiling at his eagerness I say that his name would now be akakios, meaning innocent.

A few years have now past and I have adopted him as a son and taught him the magic of nature and darkness.