Chapter Three

It's already Friday and Surprisingly nothing dramatic happened at school for the past two days

It's already Friday and Surprisingly nothing dramatic happened at school for the past two days. Apart from the glares shared amongst Mary and Diane when they passed by each other in the hallway.

Mary was still at home arguing with her mom at the dinning table while her dad watched with a smile on his face.

Mr Jackson is a middle ages man in his early fourties, he is darkskinned and stands at about 6'1feet tall,with a potbelly and bald hair that he tries to hide by barbing skin cut.

He has deep brown eyes and a button nose, his ears are tiny like that of a childs.

He is a very serious minded business man and that was the secret behind his success. He is a very hardworking man.

He is not always available at home but the times he was, he made sure he spent with his family, catching up for all the times he was unavailable.

He loved his family more than anything and always provided them with everything they need.

"But mom! Ten thousand is too little, I can't even get a pair of designer shoes with it" Mary whined with an evident pout.

She came downstairs feeling bubbly knowing fully well that her dad was about to go on a business trip. Whenever her dad was about to travel he always gave her a huge amount of money and whatever she asked for she got that very moment.

After greeting her dad in a sweet voice she asked for fifty thousand to go shopping but her mom showed up and ruined the moment.

"You need to learn how to economize and if you don't start now you will never learn how to manage, so it's ten thousand or nothing" her mom stated sternly.

Mary groaned.

That's why she wanted to get the money before her mom came downstairs. Whenever she wants to collect money from her dad her mom always interferes with her unwanted lectures.

She always talks about managing money, as if her dad that will give her the money is complaining.

She just doesn't understand her mom's ways. It's not like they are poor, so why manage.

Mr jackson looked at his wrist watched and sighed.

It was time for him to leave and he felt bad, he was enjoying his wife and daughter's company, even though they were arguing like age mates.

"Bukky, Mary I have a solution that will end this argument of yours" he said in a gruff voice

"What is is dad?" Mary asked

"Instead of fifty thousand I will give you twenty five thousand"

"But dad! That's half of what I need" Mary whined

"It's either that or ten thousand as your mom suggested" He replied

"Honey I don't like this ooo, you are spoiling this girl" Mrs jackson warned her husband, feeling displeased that he always gave Mary whatever she asked for and never set limitations on how she spends money.