That Day- Prologue

It was a rainy day, the soft sound of water hitting against the ground made it impossible to be silent. Izuku Midoriya had been on his way home from school, running through the rain with his sweatshirt over his head to try to keep himself from getting soaked, though he knew there was no way of evading the rain. His mother had been working and couldn't pick the boy up from middle school. He felt himself run into something.. it felt hard, but also soft. With a slight gasp, he fell back onto the ground, catching himself with his elbows. When he looked up to see who it was, he felt a tingle in his left eye. The eye that was half grey, half blue. The eye that confused everyone when he talked to them. He'd always been questioned if he had two soulmates, but the male had done research upon research to try and find out what it meant. Eventually he did figure out, it meant that, whoever his soulmate was, they had natural heterochromia, which meant that they had two different colored eyes. 

Shouto Todoroki. Son of Enji Todoroki. That's how he was most known. He had been walking home from school, though he didn't entirely mind the rain at all. He liked it, the musky smell it filled the air with. The soft thud of the rain hitting the environment around him was calming, soothing. Almost like it pulled him away from the harsh reality of his life. The struggles and stress. Though, when he felt someone run into him, he was brought back into reality. What he didn't know, was it was an entirely new reality.. He watched as the greenette's eye went from blue and grey to the most beautiful green he'd ever seen in his entire life. When he realized what it meant, his eyes widened slightly. His own left eye had been half blue and half green, the vibrant green that he had looked for in every person he met. Every person he ran into. Now, he was seeing the matching pair of green eyes in front of him and his heart lodged in his throat. 

"I-I'm so sorry!" Izuku exclaimed out of impulse, watching as Shouto held out his hand to help him stand. He accepted it and stood, looking up at him. He watched the other's eye change and he realized what it meant. The moment. The moment he'd been waiting for his entire life. He'd always dreamed of finding his soulmate, and the moment was finally here. The moment he'd been anticipating his entire life. 

"No, it's alright," Shouto finally mustered up the courage to speak to the boy, and they could both sense it. The connection. They felt a strong pull between them, like an invisible force was pulling them together. Like the worlds wanted them to connect, to meet. 

Izuku rubbed the back of his neck slightly, still looking up at the male. He admired his features, taking them in and noting how.. utterly attractive Shouto was. It made heat rise into his cheeks, tinting them a soft red. He smiled sheepishly. He didn't know how to start the conversation, what to say.. what to do. He still couldn't believe it, and soon he felt a smile tug at his lips, his features lifting. The rain was still pouring down on them, soaking into Izuku's green curls so that they pressed against his forehead. Then he realized, he didn't even know this male's name.

As he extended his hand, he spoke. "Hi! I'm Izuku, Izuku Midoriya! What's your name?" As he asked the question, he cocked his head to the side slightly. Habit.

Shouto found that bright smile utterly adorable. This boy, so positive even though he was getting soaked by the rain. When he saw the extended hand, he took it and shook it lightly.

"I'm Shouto, Shouto Todoroki," he said, pulling his hand away and resting it at his side. "It's a pleasure to meet you.. would you like to walk together?" He questioned. The small, fluffy haired boy smiled and nodded slightly, moving so that he was standing next to the dual haired male. They both started walking, conversing and getting to know each other. Izuku felt intrigued by him, he wanted to know everything about him. They just felt so drawn to each other. Izuku explained how he lived with his mother, and how he wanted to become a hero. How it had been his dream since he could remember. Shouto found it cute how enthusiastic Izuku was, how intimate he was on the subject. He didn't speak much, just let his soulmate do the talking as he observed. He loved how his big eyes lit up whenever he talked about wanting to become a hero or when he talked about All Might. He admired every feature on his face, almost like he was trying to embed a permanent picture of the boy inside of his head. When Izuku asked him questions, he happily answered them, and that was when the roles switched. Izuku studied Todoroki, taking in all of his features and tendencies. It put a smile on his face. If it was anyone else, both of them wouldn't see much meaning to the conversation, but since they were soulmates it meant so much to both of them.

Eventually their conversation had to be put to an end, when Shouto saw his house in the distance. He frowned, noticing his father's car. He couldn't let him see Izuku. That would be bad. The boy turned to the greenette. 

"I'm sorry," he started. "I have to go. This is my house." He explained, not going into much detail. The look in Izuku's eyes made him frown a little. 

Izuku didn't want him to go, he wanted to spend more time getting to know his soulmate. He needed that, but he also understood that he needed to leave. He tried not to look disappointed, though that didn't work very well, and smiled lightly with a little nod. "Alright.."

Before he left, Shouto leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to his freckled cheek. "I'll see you around, Izuku."

And with that, he walked into his house, not knowing that it would be years before he saw that bright smile and twinkling eyes again.

----------------------