Chapter 7 - How To Surprise A Dragon Rider

She walked over to me and hugged me, crying into my shoulder.

"I'm so happy to see you. I saw Hiccup crash and..." She pulled away from me. "The lightning..."

"Monica, I'm so sorry. He left Berk to find you, and I guess he ended up here."

"Is he going to be alright?" She asked, looking at Hiccup.

I shook my head slightly.

She started to tear up. "No. This can't be... NO!" She ran over to Hiccup and shook him. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up, wake up! Please..."

"He's not going to wake up, Monica," I walked over to her and she looked at me. "He - He was struck by lightning."

"How? He didn't have any metal on him, did he?"

"I guess he knew that my axe would be struck. I went to retrieve it, but he told me not to, and he retrieved it. He was going to give it back, but... the lightning." I began to tear up, too. Toothless and Stormfly walked over to comfort us.

"He saved you." She said. "He went to retrieve it because he didn't want you to be struck by lightning." Monica wiped the tears from her face and stood up. "And he didn't just crash." She said.

"What are you talking about?"

"I was on this island before he crashed. I was with a dragon, and I guess he thought it was going to kill me. But I was training it." Monica said.

"In the middle of the night?" I whispered.

"Yes. They only come out at night." She said, looking at Hiccup. "And that was my only chance to show Hiccup."

"Show him what?"

Monica became silent.

"To show him that Toothless isn't the only Night Fury." She said.