Family

"A reputable member of the house of representatives and an inspirational speaker, Mr Balarabe Lawal's 6 years old son Fahad Balarabe has been declared missing for 2 days.
  The police are going through a thorough investigation at the moment but there has been no trace or lead to the whereabouts of the boy. This is the picture of the boy(there was a display of his image) and we plead to everyone to notify and report to the police immediately there's any sight of the boy".

And now for sport news..
  The newscaster continued with his rather appealing accent.

    My parents, two of my siblings(Rahila and Nasir) and I, were currently in the sitting room listening to the morning news on AIT( African Independent Television). 

   Abdurraheem married last year while,my second elder brother Faisal has gone for his masters.

    My eyes were still glued to the television even after the news about the missing boy. I was no longer listening to the news, I had long zoned out. It's been two days since the incident of the kidnap, I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone about it.

    I was scared I might be putting my family in danger by telling them. It's stupid to think so but the truth I just didn't feel like bothering them about it.

   I took a glance at my Dad, he was saying something to my mum about the news of the missing boy which I didn't bother listening to.
  My mom on the other hand was just concentrated on what my dad was saying, like her life depended on it and muttered a simple yes and no when necessary.

  I looked away from her to my little brother, Nasir. He was staring deeply at his phone, while his fingers worked on the screen as he played a game on it. he was 12 years and in Jss 3( junior secondary school three) yet,his love for games just keeps getting more intense.

   And as a matter of fact, I can't even remember the number of times my parents have warned him against it.
   I guess he noticed my stare, So he looked up from his phone and gave me a little smile, silently muttering a "what happen?" to me..
   I just shook my head with a little smile too and glanced away from him.
  I noticed he was still staring at me with a confused look, he waited for me to look back at him, probably expecting me to say something but when I didn't, he just shrugged and continued what he was doing.
  He was a perfect definition of small but mighty, but I would use the word matured for him.
  He has always been a very composed person and tends to understand certain situations that one wouldn't expect even someone in his 30's to understand.

    My eyes finally landed on my sister, Rahila who was sitting opposite Nasir on our milk- colored sofa. Surprisingly, her eyes were already glued to mine with a worried expression. I immediately felt a ting of disappointment.

  I should have buried my emotions deeper, knowing fully well the kind of interrogative and inquisitive sister I have.