XIV

May the 4th be with you all!!

When I jumped out of light speed, I could already see the resistance was in trouble. I jumped in just the right place alongside the resistance. I turned around in my seat seeing something that scared me, a whole fleet of First Order ships. 

"Returning from Skywalker already?" I heard across the comm, Poe had already known it was me. 

"Miss me, commander?" I asked and there was a pause.

"It's lieutenant now."

I gaped and continued, "Permission to board?"

"Well, that's the thing. Our landing bay has been destroyed. We have to get those on our other ships on so I'll have to ask."

"I have approximately one hour until I run out of fuel. How's my mother."

There was a pause on the other line, "She's okay. I'll get back to you, we have to attend a meeting." 

"Understood, good luck Poe."

"I'll get back to you, you may possibly be the next commander in line."

My breath hitched and he had left me at that. Was I really ready to run a resistance? Granted, I am old enough to qualify for the job but I don't believe I have a good relationship with many of the members. I put my X-Wing in cruise control and tried to reach out to Ben. His link would be strong because he was close at the minute. I thought of his cruel mask and closed my eyes to be met by immediate black. I stepped forward and saw myself in a room where he held his head in his hand while he sat on a bed. "Ben."

He looked up at me and pulled out his saber, igniting it. I put my hands up, "I'm not really here."

He sighed a little and turned the saber off. "Why and how are you here?"

"I need to talk to you-"'

"About what, how you brought that coward of an uncle back. How I killed father, or maybe how I killed mother!" He screamed.

I could feel my face change, "She's not dead."

His face of anger went from surprise to relief. I saw him look at my arm for a brief moment before turning back to me. "You should join me. "

I scoffed, "Yeah right."

"Because your so love smitten with that pilot of yours?" He immediately responded and I looked down. "At least I know how to love."

"Love is a weakness."

"Then explain why you didn't kill me or mom, only the one you didn't love, dad. Face it Ben, you're being manipulated and lied to. The dark side isn't all powerful it's only full of hate and greed."

"But do you know what feeling alive is like?" I paused, maybe I did but at the same time, I talk to dead jedi. 

"I know what the dead think, and Anakin Skywalker sees your strain from the light."

"DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK THAT NAME."

I smirked, "You're jealous that you haven't been able to speak to him huh? Well maybe its because your powers of darkness forbid you from seeing the dead that are good people."

"You are a coward. You hide behind communications. You can't face me yourself."

I shrugged, "You think I'm scared Ben?"

"THAT'S NOT MY NAME!"

I laughed cockily, "The reason why I don't face you is because I would be a fool to face someone who has had years of training. Keep in mind, I'm new to this whole concept."

He put a hand out, "Then start out right. You know the power I hold, how come you don't want that?"

"All my life I have lived in fear of you. I'm not sure why I did when you are the coward here. You were seduced by the power of the darkside that you didn't know right from wrong. You are a disgrace to force users. I'm disgusted to be called your sister and feared because people think I will turn into you, the one who killed his own father, Han Solo."

He ignited his saber and charged at me. I pulled my saber out, smiling, "You do realize you can hurt me here. but when the connection cuts I'll be fine"

He stopped in front of me, his saber raised before he unexpectedly put a hand out to search my brain. I put the memories I wanted him to see in my recollections. I first thought of Poe and the love I shared with him then I showed my reuniting with mother and how she handed the dress down to me, then I showed dad. I showed the memory of him stabbing him and killing him. I made him feel the raw emotion before  I showed me visiting him briefly in the after life. I briefly thought of Luke before pushing him out of my mind and showing our grandfather at the beach. He immediately stopped and when I regained my surroundings I could see him kneeling on the floor, conflicted with himself. 

"I can show you the powers of the light side. I can show you our grandparents." 

He looked up at me and I felt light in him. "How?"

I kneeled in front of him, "If we were in person, I could possibly show you, but you need to come to me first."

He looked around almost desperate and it was sad. I hated seeing him conflicted. I put my hand on his cheek, "Come home, Ben."

I saw a stray tear fall from his eye, "I can't."

I smiled sympathetically and wiped his tear. "I've told you so many times, you can."

"He can't." A loud booming voice invaded our moment and he stood up immediately. So this was the all powerful Sonke's voice. 

"Master I was just trying to get her to come to our side."

"FOOLISH BOY." And with that the communication was cut. I stared off into space and watched the faint asteroids. I sighed and shook my head. 

"Aayla, do you copy?"

"Yes." I replied to Poe's voice.

"We are going against Vice Admiral Holdo is taking Leia's place since you aren't present on the ship."

I rubbed my head, "That's fine but when can I come on?" 

"We're working on it, it should be soon." There was a pause before he continued, "Finn and Rose are going to try to board their main ship." 

My eyes widened, "Poe you can't do that, it's treason!"

"It's our only way to have a chance."

It may have been our only chance but it is not something my mother would approve on, I can't let anyone face my brother again. "Poe Dameron I command you to not go through with this. I won't forgive you."

"I'm sorry princess but it's already set to happen."

"Dameron!" I screamed into my communications system but only white noise was heard. I tried to listen to the faint voices but couldn't pick anything up. I heard commotion and voices shouting until a large bang could be heard and it went silent until I heard Poe's voice again. "Leia?"

I paused and then a blast was heard and I screamed into my comm, "Mom!"

There was the faint noise of footsteps. "Listen closely, I need you to follow the ships that leave this ship in the next hour. We are boarding an uninhabited planet nearby. Poe will be fine he was just being a bit reckless."

I laughed lightly, "He won't hear the end of this."

"I'll see you there, Aayla."

I smiled, "I'll see you there." And at that the connection turned off.