Y E O L S E T

chapter 13
"bittersweet"

the vortex was the most packed it'd ever been. the club was significantly reserved for those from arcadia bay. the students that had organized the entire event created fake id's and made sure to completely cover everyone else's identity to make sure they were above the legal drinking age - meaning they were all considered to be over 19. the club owners, therefore, had no idea that a bunch of high school students had basically taken over the entire area.

several of the students went to the bar for more and more drinks to fulfill their needs. some did it for pure fun, and the bass that seemed to shake the entire club made the entire place even more exciting.

jackson was one of those people. he'd already gotten at least 3 bottles of beer, and though he wasn't completely drunk, his tipsy and mellow state was enough for his vision to go blurry and add a slight slur to his voice.

the entire beginning of the night seemed to go quickly, almost as if someone were playing fast forward on a remote. but after everyone was either wasted or tipsy, the midnight hours went into slow motion. at precisely 12 am, mark had just managed to step on the sidewalk in front of the club with his older sister and his 3 friends.

yugyeom looked at his friends with widened eyes. the music, the words, everything was perfectly heard even outside of the club. "this is gonna be hella awesome, i'm telling you!" yugyeom nudged youngjae's shoulder, while youngjae gave a smug look back towards his direction.

gulping, mark looked at his sister. she seemed to be analyzing the area, perhaps seeing if it was really worth stealing her time of day. minhee felt mark's stare on her and turned to look at him. her head cocked to the side, wondering why mark looked so worried. "are you sure about this? i mean we could just go home and chill with mom and ellie-"

"no! i said i wanted you to go. we're here now, so we can't back out, right guys?"

minhee poked her head out to see the responses that the 3 younger boys gave. and though they were all good friends, that didn't refrain them from being intimidated by her. the 3 boys nodded and looked in mark's direction. mark scoffed, looking towards the entrance of the club.

two body guards stood in between the main entrance. a velvet fence laid beside them as it ran down a short line of people. mark hesitated many times — an awful amount of times — but minhee quickly took a hold of him and pushed him into the line.

the body guards did their jobs, checking id's, seeing if the id's match for the last few people that had to get checked before arriving at mark.

mark was 18. technically legal, no?

"id." a sudden calm and charming voice caught the attention of mark. he looked up, gulping. he reached within his wallet and took out his id. he gave it a firm grip as he passed it onto the body guard, and quickly let go once it was in the tall guy with a relatively good body. he was attractive yet tempting — that, mark could admit.

standing still and careful, the man's eyes diverted from the id to mark's face multiple times. a smirk crept onto his face.

do i not look 18? do i look younger? do i look ugly on my photo? dammit-

the man handed the id back. his lips stretches into a smile, "you're all set." his hand moved towards the door knob of the black wooden door behind him. but before mark had the chance to enter, the man stopped him.

as if stopping to check my id wasn't enough..

"i'm uh," he paused for a short moment and licked his lips. "i'm jinyoung."