III.

My love for you is like the raging sea,
So powerful and deep it will forever be.
Through storm, wind, and heavy rain,
It will withstand every pain.
Our hearts are so pure and love so sweet.
I love you more with every heartbeat!
~Elaine Chetty.

Frustration poured from me as I made my way to our blacked out SUV

Frustration poured from me as I made my way to our blacked out SUV. Onika's breaths were heavy in my ears as I rolled her body into the back of the truck. I had no other option but to take her, and honestly I didn't want one.

While I tackled Onika to the ground Rihanna had finished the job, doing all the dirty work.  I wanted nothing more than to get laid tonight but had somehow ended up getting my hands dirty, collecting a debt, and having to kidnap a woman because they were now a witness to a fucking murder.

"If you had just killed her, then you wouldn't have a reason to be frustrated, now would you?" Rih's annoying voice was getting on my last fucking nerve.

"Funny. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one," I said, irritated beyond disbelief while Rih's laughter filled the SUV. After I secured Onika in the back of the truck by tying her hands and feet together and gagging her, I went back to help Rih load the pieces into a bag. We placed the body bag in the back seat and jumped into the truck, taking off.

I had just managed to get into the driver's seat once again after dropping the bag off at the location that was stated on the statement. As I slid the key into the ignition, my eyes caught on my hands. They were still coated in dry blood.

"Where are we going now? I'm not sure that we can take her back to the house," Rih's added, pulling me from my thoughts. I knew she was right. Bringing her back to the house would cause more trouble and eventually would lead to her death. The other women didn't have women there. There was no reason to. That's what cheap hotels and clubs like the one we had been at were for.

"I don't fucking know, Rih. This is about as far as I got with my thinking," I admitted out loud, beating my hand against the steering wheel as if a better answer would pop into my head from the act of rage.

You shouldn't have fucking ran after her. You should've let Rihanna shoot her. Kill her in cold blood. I was fighting against my inner demons, the part of me that wanted to kill her and throw her body in the Manhattan River. Yet, here she sat in the back of my fucking SUV, bound and gagged, still breathing, still living.

"Please tell me..." Rih's breath filtered in through her nose. I could see her hamster wheel moving, the pieces being put together. "What in the actual fuck are you thinking?" That was just the fuck of it. I wasn't. Hell I still wasn't.

"No. I don't know what the fuck happened. I just know that I can't kill her. At least not yet." There was a piece of me that didn't want to think about her blood being spilled, one being that I had yet to know her, and two, she seemed too innocent for something like that to take place. I knew I was a bad woman, a person with a less than stellar track record; but I couldn't hurt her.