Prologue

Meredith's life is softly speaking, crap. Plain crap. Her life is revolving around the internet and social media, with whatever she does, it's not good enough. You can understand that she finds comfort in other things, and simpler things.

The tv-show Friends is a perfect example of some sort of simpler thing. The time was different, there were no smart-phones and there were no competitions of who made the most beautiful and sexiest selfie. It's just 6 friends, hanging out, loving and being there for each other. And, of course, sometimes squabbling.

Watching it, she feels like she is hanging out with her friends. Like she knows everything about them and they don't shut her out, like the rest is doing. All her real life "friends", don't know or don't like the show and she feels so alone when they talk about something that she doesn't know or like. 

One night, she sits on her bed and looks out over the night sky, and notices one star shining brighter than all the other ones. She's mesmerized by its beauty and feels like making a wish. You know, like the song:

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you..*

And so on. It's almost too cliché when you truly think about it but it's comforting and soothing to think that there is some magical disney-like power that could grant your deepest wishes, so she wishes to have friends like Monica, Ross, Rachel, Joey, Phoebe and Chandler. 

What she doesn't know, is that the Universe takes the wish a little too literal..

*From the Disney movie Pinocchio