Chapter 4

Liz POV

"Why do you need Jasper exactly?" I raised a brow at Alice as she had just asked for Jasper to come with her and she had a present in her hand.

"She's having a party to celebrate Bella's birthday and she needs Jasper's abilities to make Bella wanna go." Ash says laughing as Alice nudges his stomach.

"A birthday party?" I ask rising a brow again looking at Alice as Jasper hugs me from behind.

"Come on love have some fun." He said to my ear making me sigh.

"I don't have a very good feeling about it.. but alright." I say as Alice jumped in happiness while clapping her hands before taking mine and dragging me with her to were Bella was with dad.

"Bella!" Alice says jumping the rail and getting to Bella giving her a hug as Ash, Jasper and I stay back.

"Happy birthday!" Alice says as Bella shushes her and Alice pulls back from the hug with a shrug handing her the box.

"I thought I said no presents." Bella says taking the box.

"I've already seen you open it and guess what? You love it, you're gonna wear it tonight. Our place." Alice says as Bella gives a weird face making me chuckle and tug at Jasper's sleeve.

"Come on please? It'll be fun." Alice tries to convince as I glance at Jasper who was trying to hide his smirk.

"Okay. Alright." Bella says making me bite my lip to hold my laughter as Alice squeals.

"Great! Ok, I'll see you at 7:00." Alice says turning around and giving us a victorious look when.

"Jasper, no fair with the mood control thing." Bella says making me chuckle and hug Jasper's side.

"Sorry Bella, Happy..." He stops as if sensing how much her mood has changed, she must really dislike her birthday if it caused Jasper to stop. "Never mind." He says making me giggle as I lead us away.

~Time Skip to the party~

I was next to Jasper holding his hand at a respectful distance from Bella looking at how happy Alice was and how awkward Bella was when I smelled her blood.. she had just gotten a paper cut trying to open Carlisle and Esme's present. Everything happened in slow motion as I felt Jasper leave my side and I regain my control enough to create a shield around Bella as dad threw her against the wall way too hard, there would've probably be a lot more blood if I hadn't shielded her seeing as some glass flower vases broke when she hit them.

"What the?" I hear Bella say as she fell the floor without a scratch other than the paper cut. I speed in front of Jasper for him to look at me holding him by his neck softly trying to get him to look me in the eyes.

"Jaz, baby calm down it was just a little blood, look at me." I say trying to calm him but his eyes were still on Bella and to keep him distracted I kissed him, I saw his eyes close and kiss me back hungrily as Carlisle and Emmett let go of him for me to push him out of the room and outside.

Edward POV

I look at Bella as she's on the floor Carlisle running to her side to check on her when a smile formed on his lips.

"She's ok. Thankfully Elizabeth made a shield around her and she didn't get cut." Carlisle said to me as he touched Bella.

"A shield?" Bella asked looking at Carlisle.

"Yes, that's Liz's ability.. the good thing is she at least has gotten used to you." Carlisle said helping her up.

"What do you mean?" Bella asked and I walk to her side.

"Liz can't put a shield around someone she doesn't know, her ability only works on those she considers to be on her side.. she at least doesn't consider you a threat and she doesn't hate you anymore." Carlisle answers her.

"Or she just didn't want Jasper to smell more blood and get out of control. She accepted Bella just for that reason." I say making Carlisle sigh.

"Let's go check that paper cut in my office.. check on Jasper, I'm sure he's very upset with himself, and I doubt he'll listen to anyone but you right now, Edward." Carlisle said the last part looking at me as my eyes were on Bella before I turned around to go find Jasper.

Liz POV

"Jaz.. Jasper please look at me." I beg as he just looks away looking in the distance and I sigh hugging him from behind.

"Nothing happened Jasper, this wasn't your fault." I say tightening my grip around him burring my face on his lean back.

"You're right it wasn't his fault.. it was mine." I hear dad's voice say and I look at him with a glare.

"I shouldn't have brought Bella here.. I shouldn't have fallen in love with her.. I'll talk to Carlisle and see if we can leave tomorrow." He said surprising me.

"What?" I say letting go of Jasper while looking at dad.

"You were right.. this was a mistake. What happen with Jasper was just a wakening call for me. You shouldn't feel bad Jasper, it was your instinct to do so." Dad said with a sigh walking towards us and putting a hand on Jasper's shoulder.

"And thank you for shielding her Liz." He said looking at me.

"I only did it because I didn't want more temptation for attacking her and there was no way I was gonna let Jasper drink human blood after we've come so far. I wouldn't have the need to shield her if you hadn't thrown her across a room when you know there were glass flower vases everywhere." I say to him and Jasper hugged me to his side kissing my head.

"Still thank you." Dad said with a sigh and a small smile before he started to walk away.

"What the hell just happened?" I ask as I watched dad leave without another word getting Bella to take her home.