Ch. 4: Very Best BFFs!

It was the next day, and Calendar Time was almost beginning. Everyone was sitting at the Alphabet Rug. Now Sarah was sitting on the letter A, with Lily and Katie beside her. The class was talking amongst themselves loudly.

"I thought about a lot of stuff last night, you guys," Katie said, turning to them with a grin. "And I want to share with not just you, but with the whole class what I thought about." "Oh?" Lily said. Katie nodded quickly. "Yeah, I'll say it when-" "Here comes Ms. Bubzy!" Sarah announced as Ms. Bubzy approached the group.

The class went silent. "Good morning!" Ms. Bubzy called out. "Good morning!" the class shouted in reply. "Today, as always," Ms. Bubzy began. "We will begin with Calendar Ti-" "Wait!" Katie called out. Ms. Bubzy turned to Katie with her hand raised and all. "Oh!" Ms. Bubzy said with a surprised look on her face. "Do you have something to say, Katie?" "I sure do!" she said cheerfully. She stood up and took the teacher's place.

"Hey, everyone," she announced with a grin. "I have a little something to tell you guys." Lily and Sarah looked up at her, very confused. What was Katie doing?

"What I wanted to say is..." she looked down at Lily and Sarah and smiled. "Well, I think I started off my time at this school on the wrong foot." She glanced at Ms. Bubzy, who nodded for her to go on. "I was... acting quite rude," Katie continued. "I was being very rude to all of you. I acted as if I was the 'queen bee'!

"And I also wanted everything to go my way. I want to say sorry to Sophia and Landon for when I threw a fit yesterday just because you had different ideas," Katie said. She chuckled. "It was also a lie when I said I was going to adjust fine. This move has been very hard for me. It is very hard to get used to a new home and a new school. My mommy has been very nice to me, but I still act very rude." She sighed, collecting all her strength. "So, therefore, I want to apologize," Katie said sincerely. "I should never have acted the way I did. No one deserves to be treated the way I treated you guys."

She looked down again at Lily and Sarah. "Especially to my friends," she said. All three of them smiled!

"Katie," Sarah began, standing up and joining her at the front of the room. "It's okay." "Yeah!" Lily said, following her. "It's alright!" Now they were all together. "Thank you guys," Katie grinned, putting an arm around their shoulders. "You helped me learn a lot!"

"It's no problem!" Sarah and Lily both said together. They laughed, along with the rest of the class!

"And what exactly did you learn, Katie?" Ms. Bubzy asked with a big smile! "Well," Katie said, tapping her chin. "I learned... a lot. But if I could put it into a few words, it would probably be...

my happiness is all about attitude!"

"Couldn't have said it better myself!" Ms. Bubzy said, smiling. Then Katie and Ms. Bubzy hugged. The whole class clapped excitedly! "I'm so glad you learned so much," the teacher whispered. "Me too!" Katie replied.

After the hug, Katie went back to Lily and Sarah. "You're so much happier now, Katie!" said Sarah. Katie nodded. "I know," she said. "It's because my attitude is all fixed up!" The girls giggled, and got into their own group hug! "Hey, do any of you guys know what a BFF is?" Lily asked them. Both girls shook their heads no. "Well, a BFF stands for best friends forever," Lily explained. "Oh!" Sarah said. "Then I'm a BFF with you guys!" "Me, too!" Lily said. They looked at Katie. She grinned and said, "Me, three!"

They all laughed!

"We're gonna be awesome BFFs!" Katie said between giggles. "Yeah," Lily said. "The BEST BFFs!" Sarah chuckled. "What if we called ourselves the 'very best BFFs'?" she asked. "I think it sounds very neat!" "Sure does!" Katie said. They chuckled again!

"The very... best... BFFs!" Sarah began to chant. Lily caught on to the chanting! "The very... best... BFFs!" they chanted together. Finally, Katie joined in. "The very... best... BFFs!" They started jumping up and down together, smiling, laughing and all!

"The very... best... BFFs! The very... best... BFFs! Yeah!" As soon as the chant ended, they hugged each other one last time before they took their seats again. "Are you excited about moving here now, Katie?" Sarah asked in their embrace. "I sure am!" Katie said with no hesitation.

And they laughed!

THE END

...

STOP! Don't stop reading here! Be sure to check out the next chapter to answer some questions!

Thank You for Reading!