two

penelope on the other hand can't sleep, she's also surrounded by stars she casted, she needs to figure out what happens next... so she texts josie...
but the taller girl wasn't answering, *maybe she has already fallen asleep* - she thought - she was done waiting for the girl to reply, so she turned around in her bed, covered herself up, and closed her eyes until she fell asleep somehow.
penelope woke up to the other girl's message:

      both girls were really nervous about the conversation, neither of them knew what to expect, they both like each other very much but it's not that simple, although their friends support them they are still from different groups

     penelope was even more nervous than josie, she had really strict parents, they surely wouldn't accept her being with a girl, but she couldn't help it, she loved josie's eyes, her hair, her smile, her... well her everything, also none of her friends besides anna knew she was bi, she had never told anyone about this, and josie was the first girl she had kissed in such a public place, thing she was also worried about.

*at school, 7:48am*

josie got there, searched around with her eyes until she locked them with the pretty green eyes staring at her from across the room, both of them smiled as jo approached the table p was at. Josie sat down and for a minute both girls exchanged nothing but a firm stare until penelope broke the silence and started:
- "so..."
     - "so..." — josie repeated awkwardly.
     - "about that kiss... did it mean something to you?" — the shorter girl asked trying to hide every emotion.
     - "i'd be a liar if i said it didn't" — the brunette said with a weak but honest smile.
     - "good... because it meant something to me..." — *josie grabs penelope's hands* that made her stop for a second but she continued "as you know i'm not openly bi, there are things that i have to handle before i can come out, and i don't even know if you feel the same way about me, or if you're willing to go through this with me, but i really like you and i'd like you to be a part of my life".
      hearing those words coming from her biggest crush ever made jo panick, the taller girl just bursted into crying and ran to the restroom leaving "her girl" confused and speechless.
josie didn't know what to do, she really liked the girl and she wanted to do anything in her power to help her get through this but penelope's words were so... true and painful that made josie doubt herself. "what if i ruin everything?" "what if everything goes wrong and she blames me?" "what if she starts to hate me?" "can I really do this?" — suddenly josie stops her thoughts, takes a deep breath and thinks "i can do this, i like her and i'll do whatever i can to make her happy, even if that means that i'll have more responsibilities".
as soon as she thinks that she runs back to the library where she found penelope quietly sobbing, calmly approaches herald says:
- "hey" — that makes the shorter girl look up
- "aren't you avoiding me?" — penelope says drying her face with her hands
- "i was never avoiding you" — she said softly
- "i was just overwhelmed. The girl i've been crushing on forever just admitted that she likes me, and that she's scared to go through the whole coming out thing, but the thing is i've been there, i've gone through this and although i had a very supportive family it wasn't easy being the young pan teenager at school, i just needed some time to process it all..." — the raven haired girl had tears streaming down her face, she was scared she had screwed it all up. Josie continued:
- "...and time to think of a way to help you" — once she finished her "speech" penelope had this beautiful smile on her face, she was so relieved knowing that jo was gonna help her, she really couldn't stop smiling.
- "thank you" — she whispered
- "i'm here for you" — josie whispered in return
Josie came closer and hugged penelope for about a minute when the bell rang, the classes were about to start.