Piercing eyes (Dragon!reader x Dave)

A request by  I am so sorry this took like literal ages. I was just really busy with school, real life, and pretty much everything that sucks. This was written at 2 am. Gimme a break. I know it's not much of a 'x reader' and that's because I seriously could not think of anything to make that work... I might make another one of the whole dragon!reader in the future, but I dunno.
(Y/N) = your name (E/C) = eye colour (H/C) = hair colour

Dave clenched onto the dagger in his hand. The beast was close, he knew it. The feathered beast that had been attacking his town for the past two months. Why, he had no idea, but one thing he did know: It had to stop, and if killing the beast was the solution, he would do it.

Then he noticed the beast, (H/C) feathers, and piercing (E/C) coloured eyes. It was like they were burning into his soul. He shivered, he was starting to doubt if this was a good idea. The beast growled.'What are you doing on my domain?' He heard a voice inside his mind, making him stumble backwards. He stared at the beast, did the voice belong to the dragon? No, that couldn't be true, could it?

Dave's knees felt weak, this was the end. Unable to awnser, he just took a few steps back and held the dagger tight in his hand. The dragon bared its teeth, a spine-chilling growl came out of its throat. Dave stumbled backwards, as the dragon took a few steps towards him. The dragon's claws scraping over the rock ground, leaving claw marks on the stone. 

The dragon loomed over him, they didn't make any sudden actions though... It was almost as if they didn't want to kill. 

'Mortal, why are you here?' He heard the voice in his head again, making him clench his head. It was so weird and scary, hearing someone speak through his mind and thoughts...

Gathering all his courage, he pushed himself up, and stared the dragon right in the eyes. "I- Why are you attacking my town?!" He yelled. He could hear his voice crack, he was scared, what if the dragon just decided to burn his skin off?!

The dragon didn't seem to listen to him, and just sat down in front of him, observing him. 'Your heart is stained. You have killed.' 

Dave's eyes widened, how- how did this beast know?! "T-That is none of your business!" 

The dragon cocked its head to the side. 'You had good intentions. You, human, are not so bad.' The voice rang through his mind. What did that dragon mean by 'good intentions'? Who in the right mind would kill children and have good intentions?! 

'You better get out.' The dragon growled, spitting fire onto the ground. Dave nodded, and dashed back to the village.

--

Dave's dreams weren't restless after meeting the dragon. He had constant dreams about a girl. A girl with (H/C) hair and piercing (E/C) eyes. She claimed her name was (Y/N). She was beautiful, Dave wasn't going to deny that, but it was still strange to him that the girl only started appearing in his dreams after his weird talk with the dragon... 

Not that he was complaining, the girl had a nice voice, pretty eyes and she was just perfect overall. Not that he would ever tell her that. Because who would tell a thing their mind made up that they are pretty? No one. 

Every time he had a dream with her in it, he was greeted by her voice, always saying the same thi. "'Tis good to see you awake, Dave Miller." In a joking tone.

--

Today was the day, no more chickening out. No more waiting. Today he was going to finally kill the dragon. He grabbed his knife, and walked back to the place the dragon was resting. The dragon opened its eyes, and sat up. 

'Mortal, why have you come?' It asked, a strange look in its eyes. It looked so familliar, but yet at the same time it didn't. 

After a few seconds of waiting, he dashed up to the beast, and stabbed it right in the chest, making blue liquid pour out of the wound. His heart was beating faster than ever before, he had- he had killed the dragon... White light surrounded the beast. Dave covered his eyes, not daring to look. 

Once the light had dimmed, he looked back at the dragon he stabbed. But instead of a dragon, it was a girl instead. A girl with (H/C) hair, and piercing (E/C) eyes. Was that... No- It couldn't be her! It couldn't be (Y/N)!

The knife was still sticking out of her chest. She coughed, coughing out small splatters of the blue liquid. Regret washed over him, no no no no! She couldn't die! He was frozen in place, watching how the girl he supposedly liked... 

Coughing out blue liquid once more, she fell down to the ground. Once she hit the ground, her body started disintegrating, turning into small sparks of light. 

Dave stumbled back to the village, only to be greated by a girl, a girl with piercing (E/C) eyes. No- it couldn't be, could it? 

"'Tis good to see you awake, Dave Miller!" 

Shhh I suck at writing stuff at 2 am. I'm just busy okay? ^^;