goodbyes.

Adam died later that day

Adam died later that day. Hearing his mom calling me in complete sobs broke my heart. The realizing I have to tell Everleigh he dad passed away was even harder. She's three so she didn't really understand that her daddy is dead but I can tell she's sad because she does know she won't see him again. At least not for awhile.

It's a week later and it's now the funeral. I'm getting myself ready while Everleigh is playing after I already got her ready.

"Mommy?" Everleigh ask me.

"Yeah baby?" I say as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Why do we have to where black?"

"Because we're sad that daddy is gone. It's more respectful than wearing a bright pink dress." I pick her up and place her on my hip. She places with the ends of my hair. I can tell she's sad. "Do you miss daddy baby girl?" she nods. I let her place her head in my shoulder and hold her close. "You can cry if you miss him. It's okay too. Mommy has cried."

"Why did he has to leave?"

"Because... it was his time too. Everyone has their time when the go. That was his. Some day... a long long time from now it'll be yours and you can see daddy again."

"i miss him mommy."

"me too baby. me too."

I kiss her head and carry her downstairs. My parents are there ready to leave.

"Are you ready sweetie?" My mom ask but her hand on my back.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say.

My mom kisses my temple and places a hand on Everleigh's head.

"Is she okay?" She ask me.

"She knows what's going on and what happened so she's sad and I don't think she knows how to handle it. I don't know though."

My mom gives her a sad smile. We go into the car. I put Everleigh in her car seat and buckle her in. I get in next to her and buckle myself in. The car ride is quite. Everleigh plays with the bottom of her dress. I stroke her hair and she smiles over at me.

I hate the fact Everleigh has to grow up with only a couple weeks worth of good memories with her dad. I have pictures from when she was a baby that I can show her but not a lot she'll remember. It sucks. She's only 3 and has been through stuff and 3 year old shouldn't.

Getting to the church where the funeral is held. I carry Everleigh i'm with my parents at my sides. We walk in and see a lot of people. Adam's mom spots me and walks over. She immediately hugs Everleigh and I.

"Some people want to meet you and Everleigh if that's okay?" She tells me after saying hi.

"Okay." I tell her and smile back at my parents.

I follow his mom to a group of people.

"Hi, This is Delilah and Everleigh." She says I smile and Everleigh goes shy and places her head on my shoulder. "Theses are Adam's grandparents."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." I say putting on my free hand.

"We don't shake hands her darling we hug." His grandmother says and pulls me into a hug.

I smile slightly and we pull away. We talk for a little bit till the service starts. My parents come up and sit with us. I have Everleigh in my lap because she won't sit anywhere else without throwing a mini tantrum right now. My chin is on the top of her head as she leans back agains me.

His mom and grandparents talk about him. Me and Ev are mentioned a couple times. Seeing his mom in tears makes me want to cry. I can't imagine what she's going through. I don't even want to think about loosing Everleigh.

Soon it was time to say a final goodbye. I hold Everleigh close to me when we entered the cemetery. Watch his casket be lowered into the ground and hearing his moms sobs. I just kept hugging Everleigh and kissing her head. I could tell she was sad about this.

The start to out the dirt over it and that's when people slowly would leave. I kept looking at his mom. She looked liked she hadn't slept in days and in those days all she did was cry. I walked over to her and took ahold of her hand. I let my tears fall. The father of my daughter is gone. I hope that someday I'll find a guy who will be a dad to Everleigh but right now he's gone.

The rest of the day i spent watching movies with Everleigh in our pajamas. We cuddled on the couch.

Towards the end of the day Tom called us. Everleigh sat on the phone with him while I got her and myself ready for bed. Then Everleigh hands me my phone.

"Tommy wants to talk to you." She says. I smile and take the phone.

"Hi Tom." I say.

"hey. are you doing okay?" he ask.

"as okay as anyone losing the father for their child."

"i'm sorry liliah."

"it's okay. just all i think about is Everleigh not having a dad."

"She'll have one. Who even you end up marrying will love her unconditionally."

"You think so?"

"i know for a fact that if they don't love Ev you won't marry them so yes I think so."

"Thanks Tom. I really needed that."

"of course. I have to go through. i'll talk to you later."

"Okay. bye tom."

"bye liliah."

We hang up the phone. I put Everleigh to bed and kiss her head. I get under the cobra my and let myself think.

I think about the good parts of my relationship with Adam. I think about Tom. What he said. Who ever i marry will love Everleigh unconditionally. Why do I hope it's him.