The Sit Down

Dayvon POV
_______________

 I'm on my way to sit down with mama so we can talk along with Melissa

I'm on my way to sit down with mama so we can talk along with Melissa. Somehow Blessin encouraged me to go. I agreed to it but only if she would go with me. We haven't been really kicking it lately. After she got a lil better she went back home and only check up on me to see how I'm doing with everything going on with my mama. I understand but she said she wasn't mad at me so then again I'm a lil confused. Pulling up to mama house we exited the vehicle and proceeded towards the door.

"I'm coming." I heard mama yell, running down the stairs.

"Hey baby, how you doing?" She asked. I couldn't help but to look at her in disgust before pushing past her towards the living room.

"I'm sorry about him Ms.Tina but you know this situation has his mind everywhere, he'll be back to normal in no time." Blessin spoke to mama and honestly I don't know if I'll ever be back to normal because this right here is foul as hell.

"I understand babygirl I know I was wrong and I just hope he forgives me I only want what's best for him that always what I wanted." Mama replied. Not too long after they got to the living room the doorbell rang and I was just happy cause at this point we need to get this conversation over with.

"What's up bro." I look up to see Durk. I wasn't expecting for him to be coming. I told him about it and all I just didn't think he'll slide through.

"What's up dawg, what bring you by?" I asked him.

"Mama said she wanted me to be here, I guess she thought you was gone pop off and I'll be the only one to calm you down." He said

"Aye, but bro you not gone introduce me to the beautiful lady." Durk ask. Looking over I can see Blessin fangirling. See Durk not just a regular drug dealer, street nigga. Durk is known for being one of the hottest rappers out of Chicago. My nigga go stupid when it comes to the music ain't nobody outchea fucking with him.

"Aww my bad bro, this my girl Blessin, and Blessin this the mans..." before I could finish my sentence Blessin cut me off.

"Lil Durk I know who he is, OMG when you said you had a brother name Durk I ain't know you was talking about the "DURKIO", nice to meet you I'm Blessin, I'm like your biggest fan." Her ass was fangirling hard as hell. I knew she said Durk was her favorite rapper but I just wanted to wait to let them meet.

"Nice to meet you ma, and I appreciate the support, but we family now so you'll be seeing a lot more of me." Durk told to her. Everybody feels like me and Blessin gone be together forever and live happily ever after or some shit. I do understand why though I ain't never took no girl this serious and did shit for no female like I've done since I been messing with Blessin.

Mama had finally came back into the living room with Melissa.

"Aight, let's make this quick no point on trynna sugar coat shit I'm grown so what's up? Tina why you lie to me" I said and Blessin popped me in the back of the neck.

"Stop being rude." Blessin whispered in my ear.

"Rude? Y'all ain't seen rude yet, but I know if somebody don't get to talking y'all gone see that side real soon." I said impatiently.

"Please excuse us for a second." Blessin said getting up and pulling me upstairs into the bathroom.

"What the hell Dayvon, why are you acting like this, look I understand your upset, but at least just let them speak without being disrespectful. It's not okay to talk to them like that, okay you need to get your shit together." Blessin said.

"Man fuck them Blessin, that bitch gave me away like I ain't mean shit, I don't give a fuck what was her reasoning that shit ain't right, maybe I can work things out with mama but I ain't got shit to say to Melissa." I said trying to leave out the bathroom.

"Stop trynna open the fucking door Dayvon, look you gone go down there and listen to what the fuck they have to say and that's just that. Walking around being angry at the world ain't doing shit. That make you feel better huh? Being a fucking asshole, that make you feel good inside Dayvon? Exactly what the fuck I thought so you gone take your ass down them stairs and apologize for being disrespectful and let them say what the fuck they gotta say." No lie Blessin was turning me on with all this aggressive shit.

"You right." I said trynna give her a kiss but I should've already known she wasn't going for none.

Going back downstairs I apologized to them like Blessin told me to.

"Okay, I know your wondering why I gave you away and I'm so sorry for that Dayvon I just wasn't ready to be a mother at the time." Melissa started explaining.

"I was 16 when I got pregnant with you, I had dropped out of school when I was 14 and had a job working at a fast food place and wasn't making any type of money, not enough to pay my bills and take care of a child. Once I had you at 17 it was so hard. I couldn't handle all the stress I started doing drugs, I got addicted."

"One night I had gotten I guess too high, you were crying and I couldn't handle it, I beat you so bad, I couldn't handle it you were 4 months. After you still wouldn't stop crying so I packed all your stuff and dropped you off on Tina's porch. I never looked back, at first. When you were one years old I almost overdosed. I went to rehab and got better. When you turned 2 I tried coming back and getting you, but Tina wasn't having it. After I tried a couple more times until eventually I just gave up. Not too long after I started back doing drugs and continued doing drugs up until last year. I been wanting to be in your life but I wanted to make sure I was 100% clean before I decided to come back. I know what I did was wrong I'm so sorry Dayvon if I could go back in time to change my actions best believe I would because my worst mistakes was abandoning you." Melissa confesses.

I must say I'm pissed but I do understand a little bit.
After that I got up and asked mama to talk to her privately.

"Look mama, I'm sorry for disrespecting you I was just so hurt I let my feelings cloud my mind." I said to mama.

"I understand Dayvon, I was wrong for keeping that from you for so long, honestly if she would've never asked me to help her get in contact with you I probably would've never told you and I know it's wrong but I was protecting your feelings. See I told Durk the truth growing up because it wasn't as deep, but the reason and way your mother gave you up was totally different it was sickening and terrible and I never wanted you to find that out, I know if I were to tell you about me not being your mother you'd ask questions and I couldn't bring myself to tell you what your mother did to you." Mama said to me.

"First and foremost don't call that my mother, you will forever be my mother, that's that. I understand now why you didn't wanna tell me I just wish you would've just kept it real with me you know but I do understand and it's all good but for Melissa I don't want nothing to do with her, I just needed to know why she gave me away I got the answers now she can get out my life." I told to mama. After that I made my way out of the room and back downstairs.

"Come on Blessin we out." I said to Blessin before dapping Durk up and letting him know I'll hit him later.

"Wait Dayvon is it possible that we can build a relationship." Melissa asked.

" I'll think about it, probably not though." I told to Melissa and walked out the house.

"Really Dayvon, that's still your mother!" Blessin screamed at me. The whole ride she screamed at me about the situation.

"So you're just gonna ignore everything I'm saying to you Dayvon." Blessin screamed at me.

"What you want me to say huh? I don't have to have a relationship with that woman I don't know her she made it clear a long time ago she ain't wanna have shit to do with me, so she can keep that same energy fuck her." I said back to Blessin.

"Okay calm down Dayvon and you need to keep your eyes on the road, look OH MY GOD." Was the last thing I heard Blessin say before everything went black.