|| 18 ||

"Yoongi, dear?"

W-what?

"H-huh?" Yoongi's tear stained cheeks lifted. His glossy eyes were big, they almost resembled those of a child's hopeful eyes, but Yoongi's were full of melancholy instead.

There she was, his mother. The woman who had done everything but shelter him in times of need. Yoongi loved her nonetheless, knowing it wasn't entirely her fault. She was right there in front of him, and that was when he realized...this would probably be the last time seeing his mother.

It was as time around the two stood still. The elder woman hurried down the stairs and her son practically fell into her loving arms.

Jimin had no idea what to do, so he stood still and took in the image. He noticed how Yoongi's face scrunched up as he cried into the woman's shoulder. He also noticed how Yoongi's mother was shaking. Jimin didn't need to be a genius to know that the lady was as heartbroken as her son was.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Momma is so sorry." She cried and held her son tight.

"N-no, I'm sorry. I...I should be different..I should have...I-"

Yoongi's scratched voice was overcome by his mom's shushing. She soothed his back, whispered loving nothing's into his ear until they both calmed down.

"I love you so much." She had whispered, the teen replying as soon as the word surfaced. "You'll always be my perfect baby boy, you know that? No matter what happens next, I will always love you." She whispered.

Yoongi nodded before hesitantly pulling away to look back at Jimin, who had his wrists crossed politely. Their eyes met and Jimin could see everything. It was like Yoongi's eyes were portals, Jimin could see the entire story play out without really knowing, but he felt the emotions.

"T-this is my friend, Jimin. He's the one who is letting me stay with him."

Just like that, Jimin had a woman rushing towards him. Yoongi's mother hugged him tight.

"Thank you, thank you!" She squeezed. "I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been there for my boy."

Jimin smiled, relieved when she let go. "It's all my pleasure, Mrs. Min. I-uh...I really want to help Yoongi and I genuinely care about him. I'd do nothing to hurt him as well, I promise you have no worries."

All of a sudden, a loud rumble was heard right outside the front door. It had the three jump into a panic.

"T-that's your father with the moving truck. Listen carefully to me, go grab as much of your things you can and exit out the back door. I'm not sure what he'll do if he sees you..."

Yoongi tried to hold himself together, but ended up failing when his mother gave him one last hug. They exchanged an 'I love you' and that was it before she hurried out to distract the evil man.

Both boys knew they didn't have much time and Jimin did not want that hellish man anywhere near Yoongi, so they opted to run up the stairs and into the elder's old bedroom.

"M-my clothes...can you put them in this garbage bag?" Yoongi asked in a shaking voice.

The younger did as he was told, scooping large piles of clothing from the boy's closet and dresser and stuffing them into a white garage bag until it was seeping at the sides.

Yoongi tried not to cry as he shoved all the belongings he treasured into another bag. All of this went down in the span of five minutes since they knew they had to move fast.

Once the task was done and three bags had been filled, they left the room and ran out the back door as fast as possible with lofty bags in hand.

"Hey! You! Yoongi!" A loud man's voice had yelled. By the sound of it, it was angry.

"C'mon, Yoongi. Don't pay attention to it, keep running and don't look back." Jimin instructed as bravely as he could, but even Yoongi would tell that he was a little bit scared.

They ran until Yoongi just couldn't run anymore. His adrenaline had finally calmed down and that was when the weight of the bags got too heavy.

"H-hey!" Jimin yelled once he saw Yoongi collapse to his knees. The boy dropped his bags gently before rushing over to Yoongi and placing a hand on the elder's temple. "Are you okay? Do you feel alright? Should I call someone? He panicked.

"J-just tired...I don't think I can run anymore, Jimin...sorry." Yoongi's chest heaved as he was out of breath.

"I'll call my mom. Let's get you to that bus stop, okay? There's shade." Jimin helped Yoongi up and grabbed two bags instead of his one.

-------------------------------

Mrs. Park had picked the boys up in record time. Yoongi immediately passed out in the backseat, but neither Jimin nor his mom could blame the poor boy.

As they arrived home, Jimin helped a very tired Yoongi up to his room. Boy, he looked exhausted.

Yoongi's face was a soft pink from the intense crying he had done. His lips were slightly chapped and he just looked...broken. Jimin could tell his body was aching, his bones probably hurt.

"Please drink this, you'll feel better." The younger had said before lifting the cup of vitamin water up to the raven's lips.

"I'm sorry, Jimin. I really am. You don't deserve this." Yoongi croaked, a pout evident on his mouth.

Jimin shook his head distastefully. "Don't say that, Yoongs. I bet you're hurting a lot right now. I'm here for sure and I'll always be here for you, so stop trying to get rid of me...it won't work." He whispered the last sentence before getting up to retrieve a fresh blanket for the boy.

"Take a nap, alright? We'll talk about everything once you're rested well."

Yoongi complied and snuggled into Jimin's pillow. The pleasant smell hit him and wrapped around his head. While he lolled off to sleep, one thing was whispered.

"Please stay."