one

spring | wednesday

spring | wednesday.

mingi was awaken by the golden hue of the spring sunshine. he checks the time – it's 08:32am – and just as every other day of the week, he has absolutely nothing to do. he slowly gets up from his bed, still drowsy from his long slumber and goes to his closet to pick an outfit for the day.

he throws on a pair of black skinny jeans and a snug brown sweater; packs his bag with just a few essentials, such as his lyrics book – he takes it anywhere he goes – just in case he finds some inspiration to write.
he puts his black converse on and heads outside.

it's sunny. a perfect day to go out on a date or a walk with your loved one, except mingi hasn't found that person yet. yet.

honestly, mingi had no idea where to go – when he suddenly remembered about this new coffee shop not so far away from his house that his best friend yunho told him about the other day – so he decides to head there.

after a pleasant 10 minute walk he finally finds the shop; he just stands outside admiring the modern-yet-cozy exteriors and decides to head in after realizing he's been standing out there for a bit too long.

as soon as he steps in he's hit by the comforting scent of freshly brewed coffee. he takes a quick minute to look around – the place has a very warm and snuggly vibe – which mingi really likes.

he finds an empty seat in front of the big windows. mingi enjoys people watching, going to their unknown destinations; likes to imagine their life scenarios and so on.

after spending some time staring out the window he notices that it's already 09:27am.

slowly, he gets up from his seat to go order. it looks like no-one's at the counter, but as he gets closer he notices a small brunette boy, sat on a stool while immersed in a book.

mingi just stands there staring at him for a few seconds, noticing how peaceful he looks while quietly reading, before the small boy notices his presence and immediately stands up, a bit surprised from the sudden arrival of the taller.

"oh !! g-good morning, what would you like to order?" the small barista asks, while staring into mingi's chocolate brown eyes.

mingi takes a quick look at the menu before looking back at the barista.

"uh could i have a medium iced coffee and a chocolate muffin please?" the barista – hongjoong – as said on his name tag, is taken aback from mingi's unexpectedly deep voice but quickly pulls himself together.

"sure... and your name is?" hongjoong asks, with a hint of curiosity in his tone.

"oh. mingi. i'm mingi" says while flashing a big smile, which makes hongjoong mentally smile too.

"coming right up !!" the smaller boy loudly says while preparing the order.

mingi takes his order and heads back to his seat. he grabs his old-but-gold lyrics book and starts jotting down ideas for new lyrics. all he can think about is a small brunette boy that peacefully reads... yes. he really can't stop thinking about the barista to the point where he starts writing lyrics about him.

what mingi hasn't noticed is that the small boy he's been writing about has been staring at him for the whole time, which might seem slightly creepy, but he sees something really interesting in mingi, something different; this is until a group of costumers come in and wake him up from his hopeless thoughts.

________________________________________________

uh so yeah this is probably really bad as it's my first time writing but yuh.. hope you liked it !!

word count: 600

— joo