VI [updated]

Lucas bit into the food Ness's mom has made, smiling at the good taste. Fast food could never compare to homemade cooking, and he was relieved to have something other than processed food for his daily meal.

"I'm glad to see you again, Lucas." Ness's mom smiled as she greeted Lucas. Lucas gave a small wave in greeting and goodbye as Ness suggested bringing the rest of the food to his room.

"Thanks for the food, mom!" Ness thanked as he walked to his room. He motioned for Lucas to follow along as he plopped onto his bed. Lucas sat on a lone pillow across the room, suddenly growing nervous.

Ness raised an eyebrow, "Why aren't you sitting over here?" Lucas sat up nervously, hurriedly making an excuse.

"Well, because I wanted you to have enough room to eat." though he knew Ness knew well that that wasn't true.

"You can sit by me, you know. Unless you're comfortable down here, then that's fine."

Lucas sat there, staring at Ness trying to make a decision between being lonely or being anxious.

"Dude," Ness started, "Can you stop looking at me like that? You're scaring me."

Lucas noticed he was glaring at Ness pretty intently and laughed it off. Ness laughed with him, and turned on his TV. Lucas tried to swallow away all of his anxiety and sat down beside Ness.

The way he was able to be so forward with things, something about it made his heart skip a beat. Same with the way his confidence showed in his eyes or the way his voice lilted as he spoke about things he was passionate about.

This was weird.

Ness couldn't tell what Lucas was thinking, but he was concerned. Yeah, Lucas was always anxious, but there was an unknown look on his face and the way he spoke seemed to be so thought out and scripted.

"Hey," he said as he glanced towards him, "Is anything bothering you? Or is it the stuff from today? If so, I'm sorry, I don't mean to bring it up —"

Lucas put his hands up, "No, no, I'm fine!"

Ness knew him too well. Lucas quickly ate his food and gave a smile and a thumbs up in a weird attempt to say everything was okay.

"Don't eat so quick, you'll get sick and then it'll all just come back up."

Lucas made a grossed out face at the bluntness of the words, but nodded anyways. "Okay. Sorry."

'Don't apologize,' Ness thought to himself.

"You want me to walk you home?"

"Sure."

Lucas looked at the ground as he fiddled with his hands, Ness noticing and hoping to god he wasn't too anxious. Lucas had a ton of anxious tics and Ness had picked up on a lot of them by now just by being around him. He was simple to figure out yet so complicated at the same time — and that frustrated yet excited Ness. He got to see a new side of Lucas often — but a lot of times he just couldn't figure him out. He was lucky when Lucas did simple things, but there were times he just wanted to reach in his mind and find out what was wrong. He eventually realized that he just was infatuated with Lucas. He loved studying the way he acted when he was around other people, the way he got excited when talking about his dog or when his eyes glittered at the mention of simple, silly things like omelettes. Maybe it was that sweater he wore that was way too big on him, but he was cute. Or maybe it was the way he got all flustered and corrected himself when he spoke. Ness knew he was stupid, and he knew that he could ruin two friendships with this crush, and they had only known each other for two weeks. But whatever, he thought. Fleeting crush or not, he'd indulge in it for once.

So when Lucas got flustered when Ness grabbed his hand to comfort him and lead him through the dark to his home, he just smiled to himself. He hoped that Lucas had started feeling better, and maybe, just maybe, a small bit of him hoped he felt the same way.

a / n // y'all ,,, chapters 1-3 are s o embarrassing i'm gonna fix them. i tweaked 4-5 a bit already. thank you for your wait, sorry that this isn't very long. i'm mustering up all the inspiration i have inside of me to write this !!! (ง'̀-'́)ง it's not very good but ... i will get back to speed eventually ... ! love you guys for still telling me it's alright and even new follows ? wow i don't deserve that ,,, so thank you so much <3 xx if you find any inconsistencies, please tell me and i will fix them !!! i will also be reviewing tomorrow to make sure it's all in place.

i'm also really bad at writing stutters. i have a speech impediment which includes a stutter so i try to just base it off that but mine's really complicated. i usually don't stutter the beginning of words but certain sounds, half of words, or sentences. hopefully it's not too annoying or repetitive. to be honest i write lucas's anxious tics or habits off of mine, which i'm not sure are common or not. i just hope it doesn't seem like a neurotypical who hasn't researched it has written it, because i really don't like when it reads like that x__x

anyways, i'm hoping ( ??? ) to get to at least a confession very soon ... i'm just trying to get the initial signs and flirting in there lol. thank you for being patient. i love you guys a lot !!!