Chapter 2: New Girl On Our Block

Two weeks passed since Monse came back from writing camp. Two weeks passed since she told the group that they had to save Cesar from being in the gang. That night Alex ran into Cesar in front of Monse's house was also the night that Monse forgave Cesar. The day after, on their walk to school, she told the group about her desire to get Cesar out of Los Santos.

They had meetings to make up a plan but every time they came up with one it was rejected by Cesar. The best plan they had was to talk to Cesar's brother and convince him to let Cesar leave the gang.

"We need to get him out before he puts in work," Monse said, talking about Cesar. The crew, not including Cesar, were walking up the stairs of their school. Class hadn't started yet and they were trying to make sure they had their plan down.

"Who's putting in work?" The question came from Cesar who walked up behind them, "You still with that?"

"No," the group answered in unison.

Cesar walked to Jamal's side and put an arm around his shoulders, "Jamal?"

"We're still with it," Jamal admitted.

Alex punched Jamal on the arm. "Seriously?"

Cesar sighed and stood in front of the group, causing them to stop walking. "Guys, this is useless. Trying to reason with brother is stupid. Promise me you're gonna drop it."

Monse started to talk but was cut off by Cesar, "Especially you." He pointed to Monse.

Monse promised and Cesar walked to class.

Alex watched as Cesar walked off. She wasn't too happy that Cesar was back in the crew, she was still upset with him. Her attention was pulled off of Cesar when she heard Monse talk again.

"So, who's gonna do it?" she asked. That was Monse, never letting anything go.

"Not Jamal," Ruby said for obvious reasons.

"And not Adri," Alex added. Both Jamal and Adri had trouble when it came to keeping secrets.

"I'll do it," Monse volunteered.

The twins shook their heads. Monse had a habit of saying whatever came to mind, she had no filter. She would most likely end up offending Spooky and getting the entire group on his bad side.

"No you won't. You're too aggressive," Alex argued, "Your mouth is gonna get us killed."

"Well, it can't be you either," Adri added, pointing to Alex.

Alex raised an eyebrow, "Why not?" She had to admit that she could be a little aggressive sometimes but she didn't think she was that bad.

"Your mouth is just as bad as Monse's," Jamal told her. Alex rolled her eyes.

"So that leaves us with Ruby," Alex pointed out. She thought he was the perfect candidate for this. He was the smartest of the group anyway.

"Yeah, that leaves us with me," Ruby said. His hands holding onto both straps of his backpack. "Wait, no. I don't wanna do it."

"You have to," Alex said.

As they continued walking Ruby started rambling on and on about how he shouldn't be the one to talk to Oscar. After a while the group stopped. All four of them turning around to look at Ruby.

"We have no idea what you are talking about anymore," Adrianna said.

Ruby's rambling strayed away from the topic like it always did and ended with a bunch of confused mumbles.