Sappy Much?

Victoria POV:

It's been two weeks. Madeline is discharged, but Austin and her still haven't gotten together yet. I think it's bogus, but Alex wants me to hold off on the whole 'Plan Austline' thing, until we all know that they can't get back together without help.

And I'm starting to think it's time for me to intervene.

I got Justin and Jessica in on the plan, considering they saw how I was in Alex's arms with tear stains on my cheeks. To avoid the real reason why I had been crying, I just decided to reel them onto the Team Austline team.

Jess was so excited, and now I guess she wants to make shirts.

Great.

The two love-birds-that -don't-know-it-yet have been completely annoying. Sure, I like a good fairytale, but seriously, there is a time where you just have to admit your feelings and move on. I mean, really? Get on with it.

I have been hanging around with Jacob, who has turned out to be a pretty kickass guy… I can't say I'm not proud of him.

Who would've thought that my baby brother would turn out to be some super-secret agent? If you called it, I guess you're some kind of psychic or something, because I would bet thousands against you.

Oh well.

Jacob and Paris have been pretty much the opposite of Madeline and Austin. They've admitted their feelings, and got on with it. Like I said, I can't say I'm not proud of my little brother. At least someone took charge in the relationship.

Looks like Alex might have some manliness competition.

Austin POV:

I've changed. A lot.

Madeline isn't really letting me crack her walls, that I think thickened after we broke up. Which pretty much sucks for me because I really want to get back together with her. I want more than anything just to be with her.

But I guess things like this take time. I mean, I'm not the guy who's going to rush a girl who just got out of the hospital into a relationship… that's practically taking advantage of someone, right?

Yeah, well I'm not about to take advantage of Madeline like that.

At least that's what you keep telling yourself.

What in the world? Where did that come from?

Oh well. I'm starting to go a little crazy, thinking about Madeline all the time. I mean, she's really the only reason why I'm starting to see the light in my life.

Sappy much?

And I think we all should believe that it's true.

I'm supposed to see her in a few hours, at a dinner that Victoria is having at her house. I guess it's kind of like a 'Thank God I'm alive' Dinner, because there's really no other reason why she would have everyone else over at her apartment. She upsized in the past year, which I will admit is pretty cool.

Never though she had it in her.

Thinking back on it, I think it was also a whole case of 'staying in the same place where Madeline had always been would be too much to handle.' And to be honest- I can completely understand her on that point.

That's exactly what I wanted to do when I found out.

To be honest, I can remember that day like the back of my hand. Yet, I can't bring myself to remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Or even if I had breakfast… whoops.

No wonder why I can't remember it… but anyways, the point should be across that the moment I was told she was dead, was permanently etched in my brain. Even now, when I know she actually is alive, I still can remember it. I still remember every feeling that I felt, and how it was like part of my soul was ripped out of me.

Or what was left.

I remember the fight we had right before it, and how I felt like it was the end of the world. But at the same time, I knew I was probably going to see her again anyways, so I didn't bother doing anything to get her back in my life.

And boy did I suffer because of that.

Alex and Justin tried to help me… but they had someone to back to, and all I had was a casket. I guess I cut them out because even though they tried to feel what I was going through, they really couldn't until the same thing happened to them.

And unfortunately, now I really can see how much of a jackass, pardon my French, I really was back then.

Back then.

I smiled, remembering the feelings that coursed through me the last time I saw Madeline. She's really not dead, and after a year of believing it, I still can't bring myself to thinking that she's alive. I keep on thinking that I'm going to wake up and have it all be a dream, and I would walk to her grave, cause' she's dead.

Even though I've had people pinch me hundreds of times, I really can't believe it.

I'm starting to think it's because of that missing part of me, the one I haven't felt in over a year, and how the person who changed who I am doesn't believe what I'm feeling.

I don't think it will be real until we get back to normal again- wait, scratch that… until we get back to being together again. I know now that we will probably never get back to 'normal' ever again. Or even if we actually were normal in the first place. But all I can tell you right now is the next time I get her in my arms- I have no intentions of ever letting her go.