Chapter 4

{Authors note: this is the new and improved edited version. If you were reading the old version, it's in my works}

"Kristen, where is your flat iron? I literally can't find it anywhere," Katie muttered, digging through the cabinets of my bathroom.

"It should be on the hook on the inside of my vanity cabinet Kate," I called back, continuing to sift through my closet, trying to figure out what to wear. Honestly, I really just wanted to stay holed up in my room with Netflix and a delivery pizza, but I knew that wouldn't be all that easy when half the school was going to be in your house.

Everyone else was wearing jeans, so I decided to be different and stay comfier with a pair of leggings and found my favorite flannel. It was my house so I wasn't even going to wear shoes, and opted on a pair of fuzzy grey socks over my leggings.

As we got ready, I could hear the party just getting started downstairs, and the music started up, blasting some Chris Brown song I couldn't quite recognize.

"Ready to party?" Lizzie asked, and I chuckled.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied, and we all made our way downstairs to join in on the festivities of the night.

I mentally cringed as I watched a party unfold in my house.

Everybody seemed noticeably drunk, and I had to squeeze past a couple dancing too erotically for my liking as I tried to make it to the living room to find my brother. The living room seemed to be the hot spot, and obviously where the music was the loudest. Everyone was drinking and dancing, and I finally managed to find Brendan sitting on the couch with a girl next to him, smiling at something he said. Brendan smiled and waved at me, and I waved back, leaving him be with the girl.

I ventured into the kitchen to make myself a drink. Maybe if I get drunk enough I can forget about all the confusing thoughts I've had in the past couple days.

"Kristen!" I heard someone call my name, and I knew exactly who it was by his drunken slur. "Hey sexy, making a drink for yourself?" I scoffed, pushing him away from me. "Oh come on, let's dance!" He let his hands fall on my hips and my eyes widened.

"Get your hands off me Carter, you're drunk. Where's Lindsay? I'm surprised you're not finishing what you started on the football field." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I really don't care where she is. I'm not into her," He stated, rolling his eyes. "Why, are you jealous?" Carter grabbed my arm, pulling me to him and wrapping me in a hug. He smelled like booze and cologne. "It's okay Kristen! Don't be jealous, t-there's no reason to be," He slurred out, and suddenly his face was getting closer to mine, and he curled a piece of my hair around my ear. "I'll kiss you, and you won't have to be jealous anymore." His hands were all over me, and I felt so uncomfortable that I wanted to cry.

"N-no thank you." I stuttered, and struggled out of his grasp. "Now if you'll excuse me, I would rather not be in your presence right now." And before he could grab me again, I stepped back into the kitchen, opened the pantry and grabbed my emergency wine, running up the stairs.

I hate parties.

***

-Carter-

I watched Kristen run up the stairs with a bottle of wine in her hands.

What am I doing?

The last thing I wanted was Kristen hating me more than she already does. And my drunk antics were really not helping the situation. But the question is, do I go upstairs and talk to her? Or should I forget about it and pretend that it doesn't affect me as much as it does?

I chose the latter, to my disappointment.

"Carter!" I heard Brendan call my name as I started for the door. I need to get out of here. I need to clear my head.

"Where are you going man?" he asked me, clapping me on the shoulder.

"I think I'm going to leave, I-I don't feel good," I muttered, and Brendan nodded his head.

"Do what you think is right, but you're going to miss one hell of a party!" He fist bumped me before walking back over to the couch to a girl he was talking to.

I didn't really care if I was missing "one hell of a party."

All I cared about was how much I fuck it up with Kristen.

____________________