The Aftermath Of The War

Genre: Mature, Frustration (if that's even a genre lol), Fluff

Warnings: LOTS of swearing! (I don't know if y'all are bothered by that but I've put a warning just in case), Cringy moments (in my opinion. I think my writing sucks), and lots of comforting

Year: 8th Year

Edited /

Original Date Published: 25th of March, 2019

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

"Harry!"

The green-eyed boy stopped walking and turned around to address the person that called his name.

Literal H/C hair and E/C eyes filled his vision.

"Y/n!" he greeted as the girl walked closer to him.

She just waved shyly.

"I've never properly thanked you for saving my life during the war-"

"You don't have to thank me!" Harry said immediately.

Y/n had a look on her face.

"Mate, you saved me just as Voldemort's about to kill me off." she said.

Harry stayed quiet. Because one, she said his name without fear in her and two, she's got a point.

The girl sighed as she held her books closer to her.

"Look, Harry. I just want to thank you. I would have been 6 feet under right now if it weren't for you." she said.

"Don't be awkward. This is already so awkward as it is." she quickly added.

Harry nodded as he tried saying something, but cutting off himself as if he weren't sure whether it's the right thing to say.

"Are you offended? Sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll go if you want-"

"No, no, no! It's okay, I'm not offended!" he immediately intervened.

"Okay! Okay. So..." Y/n trailed off as she placed her books on a chair.

"Can I have a hug?" she asked, shy again.

"Yes! Yes, of course," Harry said.

The girl bit her bottom lip as she stayed silent. She was even shyer than before.

Harry was about to say something but she took off and attacked him with a big hug. The impact made him groan in slight pain.

"Sorry! Sorry. Oh gosh. Do you want me to let go or-"

"No, no! I'm fine!" he said and reciprocated her hug.

Y/n sighed from his neck.

"Thank you. So much," she whispered.

Harry smiled. "Anytime." he replied.

They then pulled away. The witch proceeded to gather her books and sent a smile in his way before heading up to the girl's dormitories.

Harry grinned to himself goofily.

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

The night was never too good for the victims of the war. None of them are able to sleep. Nightmares plagued their dreams almost every time they close their eyes.

Harry was having very vivid flashbacks of the war. But different outcomes. He was already having these flashbacks before he even has the chance to close his eyes.