Prologue

@izzywriter This is just the begining, but I hope you like it nontheless.

She was walking down the street, on the way to her concert, it was the first concert she'd been part of in ages. School had been tough, so she'd had no time for practicing her flute in between lessons and homework. But now she was back, and exited to stand on the scene again.

Although excited, she was admittedly extremely nervous, not having practiced as much as she usually did. Plus, they had a new member, so she had no idea if they worked well together.

What if they didn't like her? What if they couldn't hold the tempo? What if- what if-.

Her mind was all over the place, stressing so much that she didn't realize she'd reached her destination before she automatically reached for her keys.

Getting to the building, she walked in the back door. Emideately greeted by her friends, she felt better, but the thought was still nagging in the back of her head.

They spent some time talking about life and other stuff, all while prepping their instruments, and sorting their notes.

Her flute was made of a silver alloy, with a bit of a darker tune. It was a fantastic flute, and met her quite high expectations, though she couldn't help but wish for her dream one. Her dream flute was one she had had the fortune to play once during a flute convention she was at. It was made of rose gold, and had such a dark, rich tone, that she had instantly fallen in love. Then she saw the price, and her dreams were shattered. The masterpiece of music, an instrument worthy of Apollo, could easily rise in price to over 25 thousand dollar. That wasn't anything she, as a college student working late at a local restaurant, could dream of affording anytime soon.

Going through the fifth symphony together with Jasper on the piano, and Lace and Amethyst on violin, they played it just as they would big scale, with the whole orchestra. Jasper was working on sitting in the perfect posture while playing, just a small detail, but everything counts. While that, she was just going through her parts double tempo, trying to calm her nerves.

A quarter before the show rolls by, and she decides to go to the bathroom, just so she wouldn't feel like needing to anytime during the show.

Walking out of the bathroom stall she went and washed her hands, but, feeling like something was off, she looked up in the mirror. She could just catch a glimpse of someone, or something, before she felt an arm close around her neck, and her vision went black.